Arizona/ Missouri Memorials

hawk/hornfan

My wife and I will be Celebrity Solstice Sept 22, 2015 10 day to Hawaii plus 3 days afterwards in Honolulu. The ships excursions do not guarantee tickets to Arizona Memorial. I would prefer to order them through NPS, but they want a time for the shuttle ride to the memorial. I know it is about 30-45 min ride to the park. Or would I be better off taking a taxi or the bus from the pier or schedule it from our hotel after the cruise?

30-45 minute ride to the park from where? On what?

From the ship in a taxi it is 20 or so minutes. On TheBus it might be 35-40 minutes, perhaps 45.

From the ship at the pier, in either a taxi or the city bus. I am also trying factor in traffic and delays.

From the ship at the pier, in either a taxi or the city bus. I am also trying factor in traffic and delays.

OK. As answered, from pier to Memorial is 20-25 minutes in a taxi. Around 40, maybe 45 in a city bus (TheBus is the city bus).

Assuming you are staying in Waikiki, it is about 1:15 from there on TheBus. So, if I were you, I would take the taxi from the pier, or TheBus from your Waikiki hotel.

Edited by CruiserBruce

My wife and I will be Celebrity Solstice Sept 22, 2015 10 day to Hawaii plus 3 days afterwards in Honolulu. The ships excursions do not guarantee tickets to Arizona Memorial. I would prefer to order them through NPS, but they want a time for the shuttle ride to the memorial. I know it is about 30-45 min ride to the park. Or would I be better off taking a taxi or the bus from the pier or schedule it from our hotel after the cruise?

The entrance to the Arizona Memorial is on one side of the harbor, whereas the Missouri is accessed from Ford Island, on the other side of the harbor... not sure if you can get from one to the other by bus. And, taking a taxi (from the port or your hotel) would be expensive.

May I recommend this tour... which includes free pick-up/drop-off and your tickets. We used them for our tour and were very satisfied with the service.

The entrance to the Arizona Memorial is on one side of the harbor, whereas the Missouri is accessed from Ford Island, on the other side of the harbor... not sure if you can get from one to the other by bus. And, taking a taxi (from the port or your hotel) would be expensive.

May I recommend this tour... which includes free pick-up/drop-off and your tickets. We used them for our tour and were very satisfied with the service.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have contacted this tour and it looks like the cost is $28.50 per person that in my understanding covers transport and entrance to the Memorial. In your opinion, is it worth it, or perhaps it's better to just take a taxi from the Cruise Ship Terminal?