Gem Cruise Director

CruiserJoJo

DanDan is on vacation right now but he'll be back as the CD. He is AMAZING!!! Love him!

his 2nd in command, nacho, is also great.

I assume Jenny (hotel director) is higher rank than Dan Dan?

Edited by fstuff1

archie?!

never heard of him.

I wonder why dan dan's 2nd in command, Nacho, didn't become acting cruise director?

Archie has been with the company for years and I am not too sure of his current status but I know he used to do fill-ins whenever an ACD or CD was needed.

Someone else may know more.

Archie has been with the company for years and I am not too sure of his current status but I know he used to do fill-ins whenever an ACD or CD was needed.

Someone else may know more.

then the obvious question is why wasn't he promoted to cruise director of the Gem instead of Dan dan? (dont get me wrong.. dan dan is great!)

Edited by fstuff1

his 2nd in command, nacho, is also great.

I assume Jenny (hotel director) is higher rank than Dan Dan?

Yes - I believe CD reports into the HD. I think remember the CD before Dan Dan (when DD was still assistant) introducing Jenny as his boss.

...or maybe it was just as THE boss. lol

Edited by laurabegorrah

Jenny as hotel director is in charge of everybody...every dept on the ship (except the Captain).

Dan Dan is wonderful as CD (he was great as an ACD..and now is even better)

We will be on the Gem in less than two weeks, but only for a 2 night CTN, so I'm not sure if the regular staff will be onboard.

Safe sailing

I agree with Chaisinraynbowz above (I was on the same Gem cruise) - Archie was wonderful. He was the most accessible cruise director I've ever sailed with. Always a smile and a "hello" when passing him. He seemed genuinely happy with his job. Maybe he goes from ship to ship subbing when the regular c.d. is on vacation.

Edited by Always Cruising
misspelling

I agree with Chaisinraynbowz above (I was on the same Gem cruise) - Archie was wonderful. He was the most accessible cruise director I've ever sailed with. Always a smile and a "hello" when passing him. He seemed genuinely happy with his job. Maybe he goes from ship to ship subbing when the regular c.d. is on vacation.

You're right, he was the most accessible CD I have ever met. We saw him all over the ship and we saw him around town on one of our stops. He would always take time and say hello!

I hope you all get a chance to sail with him!

Just got off the Gem this morning. Archie is the cruise director right now Dan Dan is off for a few months. Love Dan Dan , Archie is not as much fun. Different personality don't get me wrong he was funny at times but not like Dan.

Jenny as hotel director is in charge of everybody...every dept on the ship (except the Captain).

Dan Dan is wonderful as CD (he was great as an ACD..and now is even better)

We will be on the Gem in less than two weeks, but only for a 2 night CTN, so I'm not sure if the regular staff will be onboard.

Safe sailing

The Hotel Director is in charge/oversees the hotel side of the operation and the Staff Captain is in charge/oversees the deck and engine side of the operation.

so dan dan will be back on the gem as cruise director when he get back from vacation in about 6weeks.

nacho is being xferred to the Epic when he comes back from vacation. epic is being re-positioned to Barcelona, spain. he'll still be asst cruise director.

guess luz will be gem's new asst CD?