transatlantic dates...

kathyemma

We want to sail to London/Ireland during the summer. Is this even possible? I have been pulling up different cruise lines and no one seems to do this route in the summer.

Kathy

transatlantic cruises typically happen in the 'low season' (ie. out of summer) when cruises re-position their ships... typically this doesnt happen in the summer since thats when most of their customers are willing to pay bigger $ (transatlantic cruises typically are lower in costs due to no or less attractive ports)

We want to sail to London/Ireland during the summer. Is this even possible? I have been pulling up different cruise lines and no one seems to do this route in the summer.

Kathy

Have not seen TA in the summer on main cruiselines - not sure about the smaller, more expensive lines.

Wish they did! Would love to be able to do a TA any time of year like the early years of travel.

With the cost of airfare, it seems like some cruiseline would offer regular transatlantic cruises, so you could go to Europe, stay a week or two, and then return by ship. Why do they not do this? Is there some regulation?

Kathy

Royal Princess is doing a 12 night British Isles round trip next year.

No idea why Rci don't do one.

Royal Princess is doing a 12 night British Isles round trip next year.

No idea why Rci don't do one.

I think the OP is looking for an itinerary that does the ocean crossing during the summer (instead of flying to the UK), not just a cruise around England/Ireland.

Technically it is still summer when the Brilliance does its transatlantic cruise from Harwich,UK (london) to Boston and visits Cork, Ireland enroute. on occasion that cruise has also included calls in Dublin and/or Belfast. It may be going in the wrong direction as far as the OP is concerned but it does visit the ports that the OP is interested in.

We wanted to sail on the QE2 but the website was giving me issues this morning and I gave up. It was only showing random dates. But I just pulled it back up and it has exactly what we want! We want to sail over and then hang in Ireland for a week or so and fly back.

Thanks!

Kathy

We wanted to sail on the QE2 but the website was giving me issues this morning and I gave up. It was only showing random dates. But I just pulled it back up and it has exactly what we want! We want to sail over and then hang in Ireland for a week or so and fly back.

Thanks!

Kathy

I'm glad it worked out for you. Enjoy!