Dr. Seuss breakfast

Nicoleakamama

I was just on the liberty and did the dr. Seuss breakfast with my family. Not really impressed. It's a cute idea but the food was cold and unappealing. Drinks were watered down. I wouldn't pay the $5 pp fee again. But here are the menus in case anyone wants to look.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

1414293824599.jpg.cfa68cf4a117703c52b6ee91245b444e.jpg

1414293845198.jpg.b1d29cce5e7096996109ba28afc69e3c.jpg

1414293860072.jpg.521fd5ff415e6f6ca8ce323954294ceb.jpg

1414293883177.jpg.81617c85f48c0751e901886ef2f63f67.jpg

1414293897143.jpg.531d2530b0a91eba19526da8ec8d9ee8.jpg

1414293907980.jpg.903b14740a686259d7d79b134887d448.jpg

1414293919300.jpg.8bec34a65d19537935c8893a97d3bb42.jpg

• 11 months later...
I was just on the liberty and did the dr. Seuss breakfast with my family. Not really impressed. It's a cute idea but the food was cold and unappealing. Drinks were watered down. I wouldn't pay the $5 pp fee again. But here are the menus in case anyone wants to look.

Did you book this breakfast at guest services when you arrived on the ship? I would like to experience this just to see how it is. They usually do this on a sea day correct? I will be on the Liberty in two weeks.

Did you book this breakfast at guest services when you arrived on the ship? I would like to experience this just to see how it is. They usually do this on a sea day correct? I will be on the Liberty in two weeks.

On the Sunshine in August it was able to be done on embarkation day (on lido).

If you have kids, it's definitely worth a try. It's only $5/pp probably the cheapest thing you will do on a ship, and the characters alone are worth that. My adult daughters (22 & 26) wanted to go and they enjoyed it. Kind of reminded them of going to Disney when they were younger. The food was the same as any other dining room experience on the ship, with the unique Suess colors and features. My husband and I both enjoyed it, as it was his birthday so something different to do.

On fascination there was a number you could call to reserve a spot, so no waiting.

We did this on our Breeze cruise last month and enjoyed it. One of my sons and I had the waffle, one son had green eggs and ham and my husband had an omelet. While the food wasn't five star restaurant quality it was similar to the food in the dining room with a fun twist. The $5 is worth it for the characters and fun atmosphere. We really enjoyed it and would do it again.

We've enjoyed the breakfast with adult children and family. The food isn't bad, like the DR. We went with a fun attitude and had a blast! It's colorful, a little loud, but certainly worth the small fee and our time, even as adults.:)

We did the Dr Seuss breakfast on Dream last Christmas. A group of 6 adults and one 6 year old I'm not sure who had more fun...him or the rest of us.

Food was great, character visits were fun, the Boy got all sorts of attention and autographs, and we all had a great time.

I"m sorry the OP had the opposite experience to ours.

Thanks, but can't read the menus. :(

We did the Dr Seuss breakfast last month on the Miracle and enjoyed it very much. The food was normal DR with the addition of the green eggs and ham and a few other "seuss" twists. It was all very good, they took pictures with the ship photographers and allowed us to take our own with our own cameras. We were four adults having a great time, and able to be a little silly for a while. The costumes are good and we all felt it was well worth the $5 pp charge. :)

That's too bad it didn't go well for you.

We did it about a year ago and found it to be one of the best meals we had on the ship-along with a memorable experience.

We recommend to all our friends to sign up-with or without kids.

My Mother, my sister, my wife and myself (all over 50) went to the breakfast on the Legend (no kids or grandkids in our party) and had a great time! It was very cute, well done and we all thought it was well worth the $5.00.

DH and I did it on the Pride in March, they had a table set up when you boarded that you could sign up, very easy.

We loved it! Had a great time, the characters were wonderful. We had no issues with the food, DH had the green eggs and ham and was pleased with the meal.

Yes, you can take pictures with your camera. Actually, the a member of the entertainment staff walked around with the characters and used our camera to take pictures of us with the characters.

It was a blast!

We will be doing it again in February, again just us grown kids. lol. :D

Sounds fun!!

Can you take pics with your own camera?

Yes. And there will also be staff (i.e. "handlers" for the characters) who will take pictures of all of you with the characters with your camera as well so you can have full family shots. While the Pixel photographers were also there, I found them to be pushy and in the way, particularly since it wasn't an issue to get pictures of your own with your camera.

Not sure why OP didn't like the experience, we (2 adults, 2 kids - 7 and 10) had a blast. We'll definitely do it again next cruise.

We just did the breakfast on the Conquest. The kids loved it. I was a bit disappointed. There were not many people at this one. I had been told that the characters would come by your table to interact with the kids a bit and for picture taking. None of that happened. They had to go get in a line each time a character came in for an unposed, very quick picture. No interaction what so ever. The kids ordered the green eggs and ham which they wouldn't touch. The adults ordered off the brunch menu which I find very good.

Funny story from the one we went to on the Pride. There was a table by us with a few kids and they had glasses of milk, when the Cat in the Hat character came by he turned to say Hi to the kids and his tail knocked the milk over. :eek: The way the character played that up was great, he put his hands over his face, tried to pretend it wasn't him, just made a big joke about it and had everyone around laughing, it was great. Handled very well and a lot of fun.

Each character came to each table and stamped our autograph page and took a picture, but they did it in a very organized manner and it proceeded pretty quickly.

Also the way the MDR area was decorated was very nice, even an ice sculpture. Well worth the time and money. :D