Britannia tv system.

morecambe13

HI. Dose anyone know if you be able to order room service, breakfast etc. on the TV system on Britannia and also see your account as you can on celebrity cruises. thanks David.

I think you can do this on Ventura so yes I think any newer ship would feature this. In fact I would be shocked if a 2015 ship didnt have smart Tv's.

Like most of these things, passengers see them as convenience, the checking and ordering things yourself in your cabin at the push of a button, the lines like them as they don't have to resource the checking and ordering and they can often upsell in cabin movies, excursions, games, Internet etc

A win win all round.

I wonder if it will offer more that what the Ventura currently does? Adding extra features to the cabin telly-box services might be a bit pricey.. would they just stick with the system they've already got?

I would think state of the art (by cruise ship standards) and more features, its only a case of hard wiring each TV individually back to the hub and this must be done for a basic or advanced smart tv, then its just down to the software written which can evolve over time.

It would probably be harder and costlier to now fit an older system like Ventura's.

Interesting. So really, some sort of VoD service wouldn't be that hard to achieve? (I'm not talking the entire Netflix library or the like.)

I don't think so and its available on other ships, some charge for latest releases and you get AVOD on most long haul planes.

The question would be not if its possible to implement but how much P&O would be willing to pay in licences to buy in the media.

I don't think so and its available on other ships, some charge for latest releases and you get AVOD on most long haul planes.

The question would be not if its possible to implement but how much P&O would be willing to pay in licences to buy in the media.

I thought that Azura/Ventura already had some sort of pay per view movie system, as well as some free movies and TV programmes.

I thought that Azura/Ventura already had some sort of pay per view movie system, as well as some free movies and TV programmes.

They had movies and tv on Ventura, I think all free and the news channels as well. Cant remember if they were on demand or on loop though, we didnt really watch it.

The newer systems that can facilitate billing usually have newly released films on a pay per view or pay for 24 hours, so you can dip in and out.

Although I'm in favour of a form of VOD, I think I prefer the current model of all TV being free. I don't think its really necessary to see the latest films; what they offer at the moment seems recent enough and is a fair compromise.

It's just another potential revenue stream for P&O, the good news is that the pay per view channels are in addition to the free channels not in replacement of.

The only annoying thing I find in hotels is that when you turn the TV on, by default it always goes to the box office tv channel which you then have change to get the regular channels.

^Yeah that's really annoying.

I saw a vid not so long ago, it was either on one of the Princess ships or the DCL, but the TV they had looked like it went into a menu/welcome screen first upon start up. Which seems direction they should be heading.

It'd be nice to put the TV on and have a simple info panel that shows date, time, weather forecast and maybe a mini map of the current position.

Edited by Monorail Orange

I fully accept that we all have different tastes but personally I only usually check the navigation channel and bridge-cam. I never watch TV or films in the cabin whilst on a cruise.

The thing that did annoy me on Azura in 2011 was that you could order a late night Hot Chocolate but not early morning tea!

Have to say that we loved the interactive TV on the Celebrity Silhouette so have high hopes for something similar on Britannia. :)

It should have come on leaps and bounds since its install on Silhouette so I would imagine a great system, again the operators like them as you self serve yourself more onboard and use less staff resource.

It should have come on leaps and bounds since its install on Silhouette so I would imagine a great system, again the operators like them as you self serve yourself more onboard and use less staff resource.

Hadn't thought of it like that - quite sad really in some ways. :(

At least a real person delivers your food etc. and I hope that people give that little (very 'oh so not British' ) tip --------------- ;)

Hadn't thought of it like that - quite sad really in some ways. :(

At least a real person delivers your food etc. and I hope that people give that little (very 'oh so not British' ) tip --------------- ;)

That's why I prefer the smaller ships. On Oriana last month I hung the cabin service card out on the door the first night for Orange Juice and Tea the next morning. A steward brought it and immediately asked if I would like the same thing at the same time each morning - result! He then brought it each day with a cheery smile and little chat every morning and I was pleased to give him a decent tip at the end of the cruise.

That's why I prefer the smaller ships. On Oriana last month I hung the cabin service card out on the door the first night for Orange Juice and Tea the next morning. A steward brought it and immediately asked if I would like the same thing at the same time each morning - result! He then brought it each day with a cheery smile and little chat every morning and I was pleased to give him a decent tip at the end of the cruise.

I would never want something on auto delivery for the same time every morning, you never know how late the night before is going to be or how much alcohol will be consumed! Last thing I want would be a cheery knock at the door when I'm worse for wear!

I would never want something on auto delivery for the same time every morning, you never know how late the night before is going to be or how much alcohol will be consumed! Last thing I want would be a cheery knock at the door when I'm worse for wear!

You don't have to worry about that when you are a clean-living, early-to-bed young man like me Rich ;)

HI. Dose anyone know if you be able to order room service, breakfast etc. on the TV system on Britannia .

It'd certainly eraise one problem I had this year on an older P&O ship, some weirdo removing my Breakfast order off the door handle on their way back to their cabin.... (Two nights running, towards the end of the cruise)

Just.... why!?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums