Steak House Attire

jaylev0720

My DW and I are cruising in 11 days and we are starting to pack. I was just wondering if I need a sports coat or suit jacket for the steak house. I was planning on wearing a dress shirt and tie, just want to know if I have to pack a jacket as well.

you'll be fine.

Dress Code is Cruise Elegant. Jeans allowed on Cruise Casual evenings.

https://secure.carnival.com/Activities/Controls/SteakhouseRequest

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faqs/dining_room_dress_requirements.aspx

While you comply with the dress code by wearing a dress shirt and tie, you will also look like you are part of the Best Buy Geek Squad or you sell used cars. Unless you are under 10 years old a tie with no shirt is the uniform of the under 10 years old set at a wedding. If you want to look like a real live grown up then wear a sport coat, button down shirt and skip the tie if you are going for smart casual.

While you comply with the dress code by wearing a dress shirt and tie, you will also look like you are part of the Best Buy Geek Squad or you sell used cars. Unless you are under 10 years old a tie with no shirt is the uniform of the under 10 years old set at a wedding. If you want to look like a real live grown up then wear a sport coat, button down shirt and skip the tie if you are going for smart casual.

first, i think that's a bit judgmental and as acknowledged, not in keeping with the dress code anyhow...

second, as you continued, that's just plain wrong... this is the 'uniform of the under 10 years old set at a wedding'? :eek:

axn-chippendale-FINAL_0.jpg

i don't know what kind of weddings you go to :p

first, i think that's a bit judgmental and as acknowledged, not in keeping with the dress code anyhow...

second, as you continued, that's just plain wrong... this is the 'uniform of the under 10 years old set at a wedding'? :eek:

That's what the Seaborne cruiser said. Tie with no shirt:eek::confused:

Bill

you'll be fine.

Dress Code is Cruise Elegant. Jeans allowed on Cruise Casual evenings.

https://secure.carnival.com/Activities/Controls/SteakhouseRequest

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faqs/dining_room_dress_requirements.aspx

This is also part of the dress code for the steakhouse:

Attire

What do I wear?

When you’re on a Carnival cruise, should you dress up or dress down? The answer is: YES. While you can always wear what you want — most onboard spots are ‘come as you are’ — there will be certain opportunities for dressing up during your cruise. Some dining and nightlife spots always have light dress regulations (“Cruise Casual”), while on certain nights these spots ask that you go all-out (“Cruise Elegant”). So pack a little of everything when you’re getting ready to set sail.

What to wear, and when to wear it? Read on for details.

What’s Cruise Casual?

For the ladies — Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

For the gentlemen — Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), long dress shorts, collared sport shirts.

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/steakhouse

Bill

OP, you will be fine. And to the person who talked about wearing a tie without a jacket, I have seen a lot of people that were over 10 years old wearing this attire. I see it in my office daily. I doubt that the majority of my (male) staff has more than one full suit or jacket in their closet (and the one is saved for interviews of course) and they are a bunch of twenty/thirty-somethings.

My DW and I are cruising in 11 days and we are starting to pack. I was just wondering if I need a sports coat or suit jacket for the steak house. I was planning on wearing a dress shirt and tie, just want to know if I have to pack a jacket as well.

I enjoyed the steakhouse on the Conquest 10/12 and 10/19 sailings wearing dockers and a dress shirt, no tie, no jacket.

I did see the manager refuse entry to a male wearing shorts and flip flops. The guy went to get slax and shoes and returned 5 minutes later, no problem.

I believe If I were going to judge people like you do, I'd make sure I was darned near perfect.

We dined in the Steakhouse on the Sunshine and my husband wore a shirt and tie. He does not own a sports coat or a suit. I wore a nice dress. I did see someone on our way out in jeans and tennis shoes. Not being judgmental just telling you what I saw. It had no effect on me or my enjoyment of my dinner.

Can I go to that wedding please?;)