Global entry Caribbean ?

xavier

While there are no kiosks at cruise ports, the card that you are issued is valid for re-entry following a caribbean cruise and can also be used when checking in - similar to the Canadian version (Nexus)
Are you sure it's available only after a Caribbean cruise? The Global re-entry FAQ page says "sea ports" which I assume would also include SF, San Pedro, NY, Huston, etc.

4fc06b46bfbe4272f88d4ba29fc6b34b.jpg

Are you sure it's available only after a Caribbean cruise? The Global re-entry FAQ page says "sea ports" which I assume would also include SF, San Pedro, NY, Huston, etc.

Not sure how the card can help if there are no kiosks at the ports. Best case it may save a few seconds while the ICE officer scans the card rather than passport. Am I missing something?

Not sure how the card can help if there are no kiosks at the ports. Best case it may save a few seconds while the ICE officer scans the card rather than passport. Am I missing something?

No, I was just wondering if maybe this was a special line or something

I applied for the TT (Trusted Traveler) TSA Pre card earlier this year and debated whether to get the Global Re-Entry at the same time. Decided that the extra cost wasn't worth it as I wasn't sure how it could be used when returning from a cruise. For now, I have TSA Pre and may change my mind next year. We'll see.

I applied for the TT (Trusted Traveler) TSA Pre card earlier this year and debated whether to get the Global Re-Entry at the same time. Decided that the extra cost wasn't worth it as I wasn't sure how it could be used when returning from a cruise. For now, I have TSA Pre and may change my mind next year. We'll see.

Got Global Entry three years ago to facilitate navigating airport lines upon return from European cruises. TSA subsequently added TT which has made it a great investment--especially when flying domestically through LAX.

Got global entry because American Express reimburses $100 fee and it was much better times and location for me to go for my interview ( airport vs far away suburb and weekend hours) than TSA

Pam:

Isn't the Global Entry application (which includes TSA Pre-Clear) only a $15 upcharge. I notice that you've cruised through Africa, etc. so it seem that buying the Global Entry would be a good purchase, especially if you got struck in a long line when returning through the US airport (e.g. Miami, JFK). Now granted wouldn't help when coming back from the Caribbean, but since you mentioned you've been to Africa among other places, I would have spent the extra $15 for Global Enrty. I also realize that Global Entry can only be applied for in a much more limited no. of Homeland Security offices than Pre-Clear but if one is convenient why not get it.

SAS

Pam:

Isn't the Global Entry application (which includes TSA Pre-Clear) only a $15 upcharge. I notice that you've cruised through Africa, etc. so it seem that buying the Global Entry would be a good purchase, especially if you got struck in a long line when returning through the US airport (e.g. Miami, JFK).

Absolutely. However, when I got the TSA Pre, I didn't have any plans to fly back to the US from overseas within the next two years so I decided not to get it then. Now, I'll be flying back a year from now, probably through LHR to LAX, so I'll get the Global Entry next year. :)

I only mentioned the Caribbean because the OP did. It likely can be used for reentry at many ports. For me, the best part is skipping the lines in the airport.

Sent from my SGP312 using Forums mobile app

Since there isn't a special line, I'm not quite sure what the card would do for us. I'd love to be able to move through our cruise return as quickly as we do when we re-enter the country at the airports or move through security even.