Embarkation day..Can I meet Maitre'D to Ask Questions?

Shana51

Royal Princess..on day we get on is there someplace the dining room manager sets up shop with his layout of table assignments for Traditional dining?....where people can talk to him/ her about their set table assignments?

We will be on Royal for 2 mths doing Caribbean and I would like to make a particular request of the Manager.

It has been our experience that the dining manager stations himself in one if the dining rooms on embark day for "changes and requests" for a couple of hrs in the afternoon.

I have looked at various Patters available online but can see no listing for such on embark day Patters. It's been a few yrs since last on Princess so can't remember if this is available

Any info is appreciated..thx in advance.

Royal Princess..on day we get on is there someplace the dining room manager sets up shop with his layout of table assignments for Traditional dining?....where people can talk to him/ her about their set table assignments?

We will be on Royal for 2 mths doing Caribbean and I would like to make a particular request of the Manager.

It has been our experience that the dining manager stations himself in one if the dining rooms on embark day for "changes and requests" for a couple of hrs in the afternoon.

I have looked at various Patters available online but can see no listing for such on embark day Patters. It's been a few yrs since last on Princess so can't remember if this is available

In our experience the Maitre 'd (or designate) will be available on embarkation day. It's one of our boarding rituals to make a visit... ;)

Yes, the maitre d' is available on embarkation for special requests. It usually starts at about 1:30 (when lunch is over) and runs for about two hours in one of the dining rooms. The time and place for the meeting is usually listed in your Patter, but not always. If not listed, go to the dining room where lunch is being served on embarkation day and ask the greeter.

The info about where to meet to check on dining will be in the Patter for the 1st day (I think it is the last page). Look right next to the heading "Dining Guide" - the info is to the right of the heading and right above the list of restaurants and their hours. (It took me awhile to find it!) It says something about the Dining Room Inquiry Desk, the location and hours.