I found the perfect shoes!!

I finally found the perfect black "strappy sandal"!!!! Wow - I am so amazed because I simply do not wear heels anymore, and these are SO comfortable - and they actuslly stay ON my feet though they are backless. I just love them. I am afraid I am going to have to buy them in a second color. Oh - I should just come out of the closet - I know I have a shoe fetish. icon_biggrin.gif

Antonio Melani Miracle

Adventure of the Seas will be our maiden cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;15;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Those are really cute!!! Go for it!!!

Monarch of the Seas 09/92

Majesty of the Seas 11/93,11/95

Sovereign of the Seas 09/94

Grandeur of the Seas 11/99,11/00,06/01,02/02,05/04

Navigator of the Seas 12/02,11/04

Rhapsody of the Seas 06/03

Radiance of the Seas 11/03

HappySingleMom,

Very nice sandals. I have many sandals with no back and there's never a problem with them staying on my feet. I find them quite comfortable, though I usually stick with a 2" or 2.5" heel except for evening sandals. I'd love a 3" that's comfortable enough for daytime walking.

Now that you've found a 3" heel that's comfortable, you definitely should buy another color. At that price, if you're comfortable, why not? icon_biggrin.gif

I have a question about them. The photo of them is pretty bad even the zoom has poor details. The little "bars" that hold one strap to another....are they also leather, or metal? I tried on a pair of sandals last summer where the straps were held together by little metal bars. Though they looked nice, they dug into my bony feet and I had to leave them at the store. If they're leather, are they sewn underneath with nylon thread (which often pokes the skin) or are they glued?

Thanks.

Jane

Jane - they are all leather. I know what you mean about the digging in - I would not be able to wear that either. And I tell ya - they sure don't feel like 3" heels to me - I thought 3" would have been higher. That was another thing I really liked - they weren't so high as the Nina's and other evening-type sandals - I think those others are 4" - that would give me a nosebleed! icon_eek.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;15;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thanks happysinglemom,

If they're not nylon thread, I might order them in the aqua. I thought that was a great summer color useful for our cruise next month.

Thanks for checking.

Jane

love 'em ....I am so into strappy sandals right now. I have bought 4 pairs over the past month. yikes!

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas

happysingle mom,

If you don't mind, as long as you're looking at the sandals for me, would you take a look at the soles to check that they're real leather (not look alike). A leather sole will always say so.

I noticed that the website say's leather "upper" so that may mean that the soles are not. For me, a synthetic sole means pain, so while I think they're very cute, I'm avoiding potential problems.

Thanks again.

Jane

Jane - the underneath of the straps appears to be sewn, but I can find nothing that would "poke" you - it's very smooth underneath.

As far as the sole - it is also leather - says so on it. Also - "made in Brazil". And the sole is kinda neat - never had any like this before - there are grooves cut into them, sort of like a grip so they don't slip. Very nice shoe.

I was determined to find strappy sandal-heels for my 2 formal dresses. Alas! Found some cute little (or big probably to y'all...LOL) heels. They are Mootsie Tootsies with the little narrow, satiny criss-cross straps at the toes, stretchy at mid-foot and around the heel, with the new wide but narrow satiny heel.....they actually try to stay on my boat of a foot.....yeeeeaaaaaa! They actually help make my feet look smaller. I got a black pair to go with a black sparkly, gauzy formal and a muted silver pair to go with a sparkly pale lilac formal suit.

I was about to give up as I had looked in about 8 stores....finally found these in Stein Mart. Thought I was going to have to go barefooted....LOL!

=o) Judy (o=

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cruisn4evr:

how do you girls wear these open toe shoes with pantyhose? Doesn't that look funny?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_wink.gif Oh, no hose! No hose these days in the summer! Just pretty painted toe nails and self-tanned legs.... icon_biggrin.gif

=o) Judy (o=

They're very cute. But I'm another one who has to wear pantyhose with them. I use sandalfoot so nothing shows. Otherwise my feet get all sticky and sore. I don't need blisters on a cruise.

Beth

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;10;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Mariner of the Seas Reali-Tini Cruise Oct. 16/05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nosnobunny:

They're very cute. But I'm another one who has to wear pantyhose with them. I use sandalfoot so nothing shows. Otherwise my feet get all sticky and sore. I don't need blisters on a cruise.

Beth <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_smile.gif You know, Beth, you are probably right about that..... I don't plan on wearing the heels any longer than it takes to leave for the dining room and get back to my stateroom to change out of them. Hopefully, the shows don't begin right after the meal.....I hope...I hope! Guess you can tell I'm not a pro at wearing heels or cruising.

=o) Judy (o=

happysinglemom,

Many thanks for checking out the soles and the bars holding the straps together. The aqua color is perfect for one of my outfits.

Just what I needed.....yet another pair of sandals! icon_biggrin.gif

Jane

Archived