New terminal in SF Q's

Susie51

Is the new terminal finished yet in San Francisco? At the new terminal are there less traffic problems?

Yes it's finished.....we arrived on the Grand 9/25, for its official grand opening.

Vehicle traffic flow out front doesn't look too bad, but passenger flow might be a problem with little shelter from the rain.

Lots of pictures here.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2056338&highlight=pier+27

the terminal is beautiful.. so much nicer than any other terminal i have even been too. Its nice that they have a drop off area now, rather than traffic backing up on the Embarcadero, but traffic on the Embarcadero is ALWAYS bad anyways... cruise days were just worse...

check in was so easy when we did our BVE

i was just thoroughly impressed with how nice it was

You can now drive right onto the pier to drop off passengers or even luggage then go and park in one of the garages set up for cruise passengers such as park 55. Then easily walk back to the pier to board the ship when your ready. I would wait until about 10:30 before dropping off luggage though. The New terminal has short term parking on it too, but NOT meant for all day parking at all. The new building is large with many glass windows. They have many places for you to sit inside too. No more standing outside in the rain on the Embarcadero.

We sailed out of the new terminal on the Oct 18 - 7 day coastal. We arrived at 1:30pm thinking we might avoid the single line that wrapped around the building and down the front of the terminal. Stood for 40 minutes to pass through security (not Princess). Once inside, we had no wait to check in. (5min process We are Platinum.) Cab driver wasn't sure how to access the terminal, police seemed confused. We were glad that the weather was nice as there is no shelter, if it is rainy windy or cold and not many places to sit. We saw some handicapped people struggling to get on line and also find a place to sit outside the terminal. Inside there is plenty of seating and minimal confusion.

I guess it is going to take some time to iron out all the wrinkles.;)