Carnival Pride Cabin 6279 balcony photos

Cyber Kat

I might be booking this cabin for my next cruise. I've seen photos of the cabin and bits of the balcony, but what I want to know is how intrusive are the lifeboats on deck 6 when you look down at the water.

We were in an extended on deck 7 the Miracle and they didn't bother me - but 6 is closer. I'm looking for photos - any Spirit class will do actually - since they are pretty much the same layout.

I'd rather have 7299, but it only sleeps 2 (I don't know why - the sofa looks to be the same size as other cabins) and my sister may want to bunk with us unless she can find someone to share another room.

TIA!

I asked a similar question a little while ago as we're in room 6279 on the Legend in a few weeks.

The general consensus was that they're not more intrusive than on deck 7, not as bad if you were on Deck 5.

Have you looked at 7301? That's the exact same 4 person room above.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We have 6279 on the Pride booked for April when she comes back to Baltimore. I agree, the photos I have seen do not make it clear, but the reviews of the Premium Balcony 9B rooms on the Pride are mostly very good. I have not seen anyone complain about the lifeboats. If you do find any better pics, please post them. I would love to see tem too!

I have photos of 7299 as I was in that cabin just last month. If you provide an email address I can send them as I'm not familiar with how to post them here.

You do look straight down on the lifeboats so they block direct view downward of the water. However, the views in all other direction is relatively unimpeded with the exception of the aft "bump out" that blocks the view that way just a bit. Being on deck 6 you will have a closer downward view of the lifeboats than you would have on the two higher decks.

The cabin layout arrangement of the "mirror" CAT9Bs (6279, 7301, 8237 for example) is slightly different than the 6277/7299/8235 configuration. We have 8237 booked for next October as 7299 wasn't available. I like the arrangement of 6277/7299/8235 better but 9B's are still a fantastic cabin arrangement for space and balcony size.

Since 8237 will essentially be the same as 6279, you can find some photos of that cabin here:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/contributor-album.php?c=Liz%20Meade&ship=Carnival%20Pride

If you click on the cabins photos on the Pride deck plans (http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-pride.aspx) you can get a good idea of the configuration layout difference. It's mostly just with the cabinetry and sofa arrangement.

Hope that helps! If you want photos of 7299, just let me know. I think I have a couple that sort of show the downward view (but that wasn't one I was intent on getting...).