Beverage package rules

lylymoon

I have a little questions, I am looking in ordering the Premium non-alcoholic beverage package for my upcoming Summit repo cruise in April and was wondering if there is a time lapse you need to wait between orders? Let say I order a coke at the pool bar and then decides to get a frozen drink do I need to finish the coke and then order a new one, or will I have to change bar to order it..? Not sure how it works.

Thanks 

I have never ordered any of the drink packages...but I sure can't imagine that you'd have to finish one b/f ordering another. I though it was "unlimited". I do know that if there are 2 of you in the room both ppl have to have the same package (or the highest priced packaged sets the pace)....which they assume would prevent you from ordering a coke and giving it to an non-package person and then ordering another drink. Am I right? package ppl?

On Celebrity, both people in the cabin have never had to order the package, but that WAS the case on RCI (no longer).

But you don't have to "finish" your drink. However you can't order a drink an immediately order another one.

Though I have gotten a bottle of water and an "adult" beverage at the same time.

Edited by bighairtexan

Huh...nice to know that both of us don't have to order the drink package if we were so inclined. That's what we were told by Celebrity rep. the one time we looked into it. My sister went on RCI and both she and her husband had to order the Alcohol package . . . Could it be that for the Alcohol you do both have to order it and the regular drink package you don't? I wonder if they make that distinction.

As BIGHAIRTEXAN said the restriction is you are "supposed to" not have more than one drink at a time... This is to prevent people from sharing pkg drinks with others.

The one exception you will find is in the Dining Rooms / Restaurants at meal time when you are being overseen by a Waiter... Not unusual in that scenario to find yourself with more than one thing on the go then...

Mr Sloop & I might be seen with a Bottle of San Peligrino - Wine in our Glasses - and Premium Coffee just arrived to accompany dessert

Huh...nice to know that both of us don't have to order the drink package if we were so inclined. That's what we were told by Celebrity rep. the one time we looked into it. My sister went on RCI and both she and her husband had to order the Alcohol package . . . Could it be that for the Alcohol you do both have to order it and the regular drink package you don't? I wonder if they make that distinction.

No.

Here might be where the confusion lies...

When Celebrity offers the Classic Alcohol Pkgs as part of a Booking Promo (123Go / Pick Your Perk etc) then BOTH people in the cabin MUST CHOOSE the same perk.

So one CANNOT take the Classic Bevvy Pkg & the other the Daily Grats or OBC

Otherwise, no restrictions with Bevvy Pkgs when it comes to folks in the same cabin

One, None, All... Celebrity does not care just as long as whatever the Pkg you choose is your own and not shared

Cheers!

I'm Sure The Bar Managers ... would recognize if someone is abusing the program. If one guy with an unlimited drink package keeps ordering drinks and sharing them with his entire party, it will be noticed. Celebrity passengers generally are pretty honest, I would hope.

That being said, we were awarded a Classic Drink package for our upcoming solstice Cruise. The $10.50 per day per passenger upgrade to Premium sounds like a winner. Actually, a no-brainer. ;)

On the beverage packages you are only allowed to order one drink at a time. There has been a lot of discussion here on Cruise Critic that you have to "wait" between each order for a certain amount of time but I think this might just be speculation as I don't think there is a specific policy or rule on this.

As others have said there are general exceptions to this rule as most waiters allow complimentary items such as both bottled water and a alcoholic beverage during meals or coffee and orange juice during breakfast.

This appears to be computerized and will automatically charged if ordered right in a row. You can have it taken off but we were charged for some items (water, wine) when ordered within a short time period. Once we ordered a glass of wine and wanted a bottle of water for the room...were charged for the water. Another time, a lady was putting on her coat and whacked my full glass of wine I had just ordered. They got me another and there was a charge for that second glass on my bill. I can only think it was because it was ordered within an unreasonable time frame.

This was easily corrected at the pursers desk but if we were found ordering one glass of wine at one bar and another right away at another bar, it does raise a flag and you may get charged. As mentioned, easy enough to fix if you visit the pursers desk but if it became a habit, they might consider it sharing and voiding your package.

We often get a martini and a bottle of water in the martini bar and never had an issue ever. They may have been one right after the other or together, can't remember. We have found that once the bartenders or waiters know you have the drink package, we always get premium, and you get to know them, they tend to make it work. Always had great service and LOVE not having to sign a receipt after each drink!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I know that with "some" purchases you make pre cruise you pay local tax on them but if you wait to purchase onboard you obviously do not......my question is does this apply to the upgrade to the premium drink package from the regular package I received as a promo as in will I pay local tax if I buy it pre cruise and not if I wait till we board or will it be the same cost either way?

I know that with "some" purchases you make pre cruise you pay local tax on them but if you wait to purchase onboard you obviously do not......my question is does this apply to the upgrade to the premium drink package from the regular package I received as a promo as in will I pay local tax if I buy it pre cruise and not if I wait till we board or will it be the same cost either way?

Local taxes are an issue in only a small number of Ports, and from what I've read here on CC that applies if you make a purchase while the ship is in port... If you purchase prior to your cruise (ala Celebrity Miami) or buy when the ship is out to sea, then local taxes do not apply.

If you know you want the Premium Pkg, I would book it before you cruise... Just ask for the "123Go Classic to Premium Upgrade" so you just are charged the $ 10 US + 15% Grats per day / night rate. Then once you are aboard you are set to go (and your SeaPass Card will have the preprinted symbol vs a sticker added)

If you are unsure if the Classic will meet your needs or not... Then wait until you are onboard to make the decision to upgrade (few hours on the Classic is not the end of the world if you are in a Port that charges Local Taxes... BTW most of them are in Europe)

Or wait until you are onboard to upgrade if you have OBC that you are trying to spend

Lots of options... One will be right for you

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hi, I asked X today on booking if one person could book the classic package and was advised that no, both have to book it. Is that correct from your experiences ??

If you are getting the Classic Pkg as part of a Celebrity Booking Promo (ie 123GO, Pick Your Perk etc) then YES BOTH people in the cabin must take the same perk (ie 123Go Bevvy, 123Go Daily Grats, or 123Go OBC)

This is done when you book your cruise.

But if you are booking just a Beverage Pkg on your own, or Upgrading one that you already have (ie PYP Bevvy Upgrade Classic to Premium)... Then NO BOTH pax in a cabin don't have to have identical pkgs, as this is a Cruise Onboard Experience sales item

This can be done in a variety of ways after you book... With a Celebrity Phone Rep - or onboard.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hi, I asked X today on booking if one person could book the classic package and was advised that no, both have to book it. Is that correct from your experiences ??

If you are getting the Classic Pkg as part of a Celebrity Booking Promo (ie 123GO, Pick Your Perk etc) then YES BOTH people in the cabin must take the same perk (ie 123Go Bevvy, 123Go Daily Grats, or 123Go OBC)

This is done when you book your cruise.

Cheers!

Yup! Mrs Sloop got it?

I have a little questions, I am looking in ordering the Premium non-alcoholic beverage package for my upcoming Summit repo cruise in April and was wondering if there is a time lapse you need to wait between orders? Let say I order a coke at the pool bar and then decides to get a frozen drink do I need to finish the coke and then order a new one, or will I have to change bar to order it..? Not sure how it works.

Thanks 

There is no time restriction whatsoever. You can walk all over the ship and order drinks. The only restriction is how quickly you can get there.

This appears to be computerized and will automatically charged if ordered right in a row. You can have it taken off but we were charged for some items (water, wine) when ordered within a short time period. Once we ordered a glass of wine and wanted a bottle of water for the room...were charged for the water. Another time, a lady was putting on her coat and whacked my full glass of wine I had just ordered. They got me another and there was a charge for that second glass on my bill. I can only think it was because it was ordered within an unreasonable time frame.

This was easily corrected at the pursers desk but if we were found ordering one glass of wine at one bar and another right away at another bar, it does raise a flag and you may get charged. As mentioned, easy enough to fix if you visit the pursers desk but if it became a habit, they might consider it sharing and voiding your package.

You might have just been unlucky, there is nothing in place in the computer system that overrides the package and charges you based on time. It might just have been the bar server making a mistake. At least there is nothing on Summit, because I intentionally tested this proposition for research purposes....and there is nothing in place to time drinks.

• 3 weeks later...