Summer 2016

Looks to be 4 itineraries going from Palma on Majesty.

Itinerary 1:

Palma - At Sea - Villefranche - ? - ? - ? - Barcelona - Palma

Itinerary 2:

Palma - At Sea - Trapani - ? - ? - Ajaccio - Mahon - Palma

Itinerary 3:

Palma - Alcudia - Rosas - ? - ? - Barcelona - Ibiza Town - Palma

Itinerary 4:

Palma - At Sea - Gibraltar - ? - ? - ? - Alicante - Palma

Will do a bit more exploring and try and fill in the ?.

Agree. I don't think we will see Thomson cruise from the UK again for at least another 5 years, if ever again. If the fly cruise market can still be more of a moneymaker for them and they can provide a bit of a niche in this compared to its competiton, they will only concentrate on this. A shame, but it does make business sense, especially with the number of cruise lines doing ex-UK now.

Looks like there will be some different itineraries from Palma in 2016, some new ports too. Will do an update shortly.

One thing to remember is that Thomson love 7 night itineraries with fly-cruises so they can offer cruise & stays, which presumably they make more money on.

All the ex-UK sailings were all different night cruises (hardly ever 7 nights) and had absolutely no chance of selling a "stay" too!

One thing to remember is that Thomson love 7 night itineraries with fly-cruises so they can offer cruise & stays, which presumably they make more money on.

All the ex-UK sailings were all different night cruises (hardly ever 7 nights) and had absolutely no chance of selling a "stay" too!

They do love their 7 night itineraries don't they, and I doubt this will change either. The 'stay' part is definitely something that makes Thomson different to the competition, particularly the new 3/4 night stays you can do. Also, 7 night itineraries means they can keep filling those flights up each week. Really, fly-cruises are a win-win for them aren't they.

They do love their 7 night itineraries don't they, and I doubt this will change either. The 'stay' part is definitely something that makes Thomson different to the competition, particularly the new 3/4 night stays you can do. Also, 7 night itineraries means they can keep filling those flights up each week. Really, fly-cruises are a win-win for them aren't they.

They certainly seem to be, and is pretty much what make up the bulk of the itineraries of the four main ships, and the IE too, apart from the repositioning cruises, which always seem to have be sold a bit cheaper!

Strange things are happening...

Palma's schedule now comes up with an error message saying you can't view dates after Dec 2015, which is odd as this has never been the case.

Also, Gibraltar schedules now have NO Thomson ships booked in for summer 2016, despite Majesty and IE having been booked in previously. Odd goings on... :confused: :confused:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year to all forum members.

Would be good to get some ideas for where summer 2016 will be in terms of ships/home ports and ideas on itineraries.

Sailaway usually has the most information but he has gone very quiet???

Hi, sorry for not posting for a while!

Not got any more info I'm afraid. At the moment it looks like Majesty in Palma, Dream in Corfu, but not sure on the other two. I think Spirit's season may be slightly different as there is a date in Gibraltar for the ship at the end of May, which is unusual. Will post if there is anything else that appears, but they're being a lot more secretive this year.

Celebration is definitely back in Dubrovnik. Looks to be doing similar itineraries to this summers, and in the same pattern: 2 itineraries to Venice, 1 around Greece and 1 with Malta; in the pattern of Itinerary 1 > Itinerary 2 > Itinerary 3 > Itinerary 4 > Itinerary 1 > etc.

Dream is definitely in Corfu. Already penciling in my b2b of Adriatic Explorer and Italian Flavours on the Dream for 2016! :D

Dream is definitely in Corfu. Already penciling in my b2b of Adriatic Explorer and Italian Flavours on the Dream for 2016! :D

And I am penciling in the Majesty in the Med in 2016 :D

Happy New Year Sailaway. Glad you are OK, we thought you had "Done a Berwyn" :D:D

And I am penciling in the Majesty in the Med in 2016 :D

Happy New Year Sailaway. Glad you are OK, we thought you had "Done a Berwyn" :D:D

No, I'm still here! :D

Just been busy lately.

To add Celebration's itineraries, looks as though it is going to be doing an extended season from Dubrovnik, with cruises sailing into November. Durres in Albania is going to be added to the itineraries.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sailaway, getting near the end of January, have you managed to get any further information.

1. Will the new brochure be approx third week in April as normal?

2. Know you have best projection on where the ships will be, any further detail.

3. Any idea on itinerary line up (re: If its the dream on Corfu)

big thanks in advance as you work very hard at getting information for the forum

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sailaway, is everything okay with you?

Have you managed to get any further information. We are missing your updates

2. Know you have best projection on where the ships will be, any further detail.

big thanks in advance as you work very hard at getting information for the forum

• 2 weeks later...

Schedules are now all over the place! Celebration now in Palma, Malaga, Barcelona, Mahon and Marseille. Looks to me like Malaga departures.

But it is still in Dubrovnik schedule currently. Dream has disappeared from Rome and is now only a 'To be confirmed' for Split.

Very very confused. :confused:

Whatever TUI's plan is for Thomson Cruises future, looking more likely summer 2016 is going to be impacted...

Hi Sailaway, is everything okay with you?

Have you managed to get any further information. We are missing your updates

Sorry FIFE1, must have missed this post! :o

As per my previous post, schedules are a bit of a mess now.

Summer 2016 to be the reveal of the new Thomson Cruises???

Edited by Sailaway487