First 100 Photos from Quantum of the Seas

Leonski

I like the subdued, modern color palate, but this is of course a matter of personal taste. I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far, particularly what we've seen of the retractable roof pool and the solarium. The solarium pool looks larger than I was expecting and the retractable roof pool area looks like it will be really nice and useful on days with good weather and bad!

I've been thinking the same thing. The color palette for the ship doesn't "pop" for me, very subdued compared to other ships. Perhaps it has more "wow" factor in person that just doesn't come through in the pictures.

Either way I'm excited for those getting ready for her maiden voyage and look forward to seeing more pictures!

Bon Voyage!

I agree, I think it looks very drab as far as the color palette. My first reaction when I saw the pic of the cabin was that it's very spare (reminded me a bit of my college dorm).

I get that it was designed for colder climates, but where are the super open spaces where you can see the ocean? Or the open spaces on the pool deck? It all looks so crowded.

Of course, this is just my personal tastes....different strokes for different folks. :-)

Edited by shutterbug63

Not impressed with the interior decorations, reminds me of an Ikea catalog.

I think it looks awesome however I am guessing that I am at least half your age. ;)

To me the ship looks like a cross between celebrity and Oasis class which is great to me as I love both ships.

Here my first 100 Photos from aboard Quantum of the Seas

=> http://www.schiffe-und-kreuzfahrten.de/erste-quantum-seas-bilder/

Thanks for these! I'm just off her too and she is quite something. I get what people are saying in terms of the darker colours, but in person the whole ship is spectacular :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you again and again for these wonderful pictures and videos. I think the decor is spectacular. Very elegant and understated. In my opinion I think they were going for sleek and modern to match the futuristic theme of this amazing vessel. Can't wait to see it all in person. I personally am extremely impressed so far.

Thank you again and again for these wonderful pictures and videos. I think the decor is spectacular. Very elegant and understated. In my opinion I think they were going for sleek and modern to match the futuristic theme of this amazing vessel. Can't wait to see it all in person. I personally am extremely impressed so far.

I also happen to really like the decor and agree with everything you said about the design going with the theme of the ship. I think the cabins are beautiful.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Thanks, for the pictures. The balcony cabin shown looks Spartan--no bells & whistle.

My reaction as well...as in sterile..not only the cabin you mention but the stairwells as well and other areas.... Now I know I will get trashed for not being all gaga about what I see so far...but I know what I see and what I see is frankly disappointing....no warmth. While it was mentioned in another thread, and I should have known this before I booked, the ship is supposedly designed for a colder climate. Some of us are very disappointed in the small amount of open deck space for 4000 passengers..as its no larger than the outdoor space on ships even below the Explorer class. Of course never will anywhere close to that amount want to watch pool games or get more skin sun damage, but the open deck space is pathetic. If its 15 degrees when I leave home and in a couple days its 85 and sunny, I'd like to be in the tropical sunshine....duh...that's why we go there. The Northstar is a gimmick and if I wanted bumper cars I'd go to Hershey Park. Spending allot of time under "ceilings" or sitting on top of BigBilly from the Bronx with his e-reader while inhaling the fragrant chlorine, misses the mark. I love RC so I take no pleasure in being critical.

Edited by dirtworker

I've been looking at a lot of photos and video of the new ship and to me it looks like there are more elevators and it looks like they are all the see out type? Can anyone explain the elevator situation on the ship? Thanks

My reaction as well...as in sterile..not only the cabin you mention but the stairwells as well and other areas.... Now I know I will get trashed for not being all gaga about what I see so far...but I know what I see and what I see is frankly disappointing....no warmth. While it was mentioned in another thread, and I should have known this before I booked, the ship is supposedly designed for a colder climate. Some of us are very disappointed in the small amount of open deck space for 4000 passengers..as its no larger than the outdoor space on ships even below the Explorer class. Of course never will anywhere close to that amount want to watch pool games or get more skin sun damage, but the open deck space is pathetic. If its 15 degrees when I leave home and in a couple days its 85 and sunny, I'd like to be in the tropical sunshine....duh...that's why we go there. The Northstar is a gimmick and if I wanted bumper cars I'd go to Hershey Park. Spending allot of time under "ceilings" or sitting on top of BigBilly from the Bronx with his e-reader while inhaling the fragrant chlorine, misses the mark. I love RC so I take no pleasure in being critical.

Hi! - You echo the feelings of my DH to a T, and then I saw your CC screen name (you don't work for Oldcastle, do you, ?! ) - you could be twins! But I agree, and it gives me a sad feeling to do so, as well. It won't keep me away, but if I want to be "elegantly awed and subdued", there are other cruise lines I could have chosen to do the job. I want to be upbeat and tropical when I visit the islands, not "gently soothed" ! I'll wait my 70 days till departure, however critical I sound, I still love Royal and hope that being onboard is better than the pictures would have you believe!

- Miriam

Thanks for being candid.

Hearing from real passengers looking beyond the promo hype is a good thing. Your first-hand experiences match what some have seen with the first group of photos.

I think it looks awesome however I am guessing that I am at least half your age. ;)

To me the ship looks like a cross between celebrity and Oasis class which is great to me as I love both ships.

I think my age has little to do with not being impressed with the appearance of the ship, I am a young 49 year old, when I think a of beautiful ship, I think of rich colors, fine linens, and lustrous woods. But that is just different strokes for different folks