First 100 Photos from Quantum of the Seas

Leonski

THANK YOU!!! :D

? Solarium ? Is it closed to the public ??? (Still have not seen a single photo from the Solarium...)

PLEASE keep posting!! Love Love Love the pics!!! (And can't wait to board on 12/20...)

Pictures numbers 50 & 56 of the posted link appear to be the Solarium.

Picture #46 in the first link appears to be a great picture of the Solarium.

At first I wondered that, but I am thinking it's actually the indoor pool that kids are allowed in (the one with the retractable roof). Isn't the solarium supposed to be tiered, with greenery and seating???

? Solarium ? Is it closed to the public ??? (Still have not seen a single photo from the Solarium...)

Agreed. I was really hoping to see pics of the Solarium, Two70 and the Music Hall (although, I did see Music Hall on the other thread).

Gotta say though, that ship is gorgeous!!! I love the decor. I'll admit I wasn't too excited about Quantum, but now I really want to cruise this ship.

Pictures numbers 50 & 56 of the posted link appear to be the Solarium.

That's not the Solarium. That's the indoor pool.

Agreed. I was really hoping to see pics of the Solarium, Two70 and the Music Hall (although, I did see Music Hall on the other thread).

Gotta say though, that ship is gorgeous!!! I love the decor. I'll admit I wasn't too excited about Quantum, but now I really want to cruise this ship.

That's not the Solarium. That's the indoor pool.

I've been the same way as far as being that excited. After seeing the pics it certainly has whetted my appetite to go on it.

I had no idea there was an indoor pool and a solarium. Wow!

At first I wondered that, but I am thinking it's actually the indoor pool that kids are allowed in (the one with the retractable roof). Isn't the solarium supposed to be tiered, with greenery and seating???

Cool! If the kids had an indoor pool too then the Solarium would tend to be more of an adults only place.

Can't wait for more pictures to be posted.

Did go online and look at the mock ups of the Solarium. I totally see what you were talking about with the tiers and greenery. Now you've got me scouring for pictures! :)

Edited by denamo

I could be wrong, however - I believe the pictures that you think are of the Solarium are really the indoor pool area. There are 2 pools shown on Deck 14 listed in the plans as an Outdoor Pool - very obviously near the H2Ozone and the Movie screen with the Sky Bar as the main bar near that outdoor pool area... but on the other side, there is another pool that uses the Pool Bar as its main bar area and that pool has a retractable roof (for when in colder climates) that they appear to be showing in the pictures during this walk-through as enclosed. Neither of these pools are listed in the solarium area of the ship, which is all the way forward on the other side of Devinly Decadance (dining venue).

I don't believe that these are pictures of the Solarium/Adults Only area that is shown on the deck plans. That area would, if indeed fully enclosed, have glass around the sides and front - not have front and back structures with glass on the sides...

Of course, like I said - I could be wrong and we can't be sure until we have more information, but looking at the deck plans on the RCCL website, it would appear to me that neither of the pool areas shown in these pictures are the Solarium.

Definitely not the solarium in these pictures. Some have been posted on the Quantum page on facebook. It looks really nice.

*deleted link*

Not sure I can legally put the pics here, but this is the Quantum group. You do need to request access.

Oh well, guess I can't post that link. Sorry. If you are a facebook user do a search and you will find it.

Edited by akcruz

Thanks so much for these!! The ship is beautiful and amazing. I believe those pictures are the indoor pool. Doesn't look at all in shape or design to renderings of the solarium. That said it is lovely and I can't wait to try it out in a little over 2 weeks.

Thank you for sharing the photos.

You have a great collection of views of the ship to show its features.

It appears that the outside of the ship seems to have far more color and uniqueness to it that a number of the interior venues.

In particular, interior rooms, hallways, elevator areas, and dining areas seem very contemporary but dull/drab in color (grey/brown earthtones in particular).

Everyone has their own taste of course...but if people get past the "newness factor" and consider the Quantum's interior...the photos demonstrate that the several significant areas of the interior decor are quite unimpressive compared to other ships in the fleet. This was all surprising considering the main cruise audience after a year will be in China - where red is the prevailing decor color (you even see that in Las Vegas in certain hotels frequented by Asian guests).

Nonetheless...the intent is not to dampen the launch...rather...to illustrate alternative perspectives of the final Quantum product.

Happy sailing.

It appears that the outside of the ship seems to have far more color and uniqueness to it that a number of the interior venues.

In particular, interior rooms, hallways, elevator areas, and dining areas seem very contemporary but dull/drab in color (grey/brown earthtones in particular).

I've been thinking the same thing. The color palette for the ship doesn't "pop" for me, very subdued compared to other ships. Perhaps it has more "wow" factor in person that just doesn't come through in the pictures.

Either way I'm excited for those getting ready for her maiden voyage and look forward to seeing more pictures!

Bon Voyage!

Thanks, for the pictures. The balcony cabin shown looks Spartan--no bells & whistle.

I concur. Cabins, hallways, and public areas are not impressing me whatsoever. The technological innovations look great but are not areas I would frequent.

Glad I have 3 cruises booked for April and May 2015-- after the reviews from Quantum's November and December sailings come in, I'll decide which one to pick and which 2 to cancel.

I do hope all first cruisers thoroughly enjoy the new ship!

Linda