Wait time for taxis at Port Everglades?

JudithLynne

Hi all...we are currently on the Emerald Princes and will disembark on 11-8 at Port Everglades (PE) We are Elite with many cruises behind us. We have not been to PE for quite awhile. We received the standard Princess disembarkation form and there was something on there that bothered us. It stated "the wait time for a taxi may be 1-2 hrs" Should we be worried about this? We have never had to wait that long at a taxi line at PE.

We will be one of four ships in port that day. Two are "docked;" half of the Emerald passengers will disembark with the other half going on to Houston. Our flight is at 2PM. We have requested an 8:15 AM exit time, the first group after walk off.

I am hoping that some of you that use that port often can give us some feedback. Should we book the Princess transfer? I sure hope not. Should we do anything differently? Should we even be worried?

Thank you for any information or suggestions....

Judith

Hi Judith:

I live in Ft Lauderdale, and I can't really see that as being a problem. There are always lines of taxis. Also, the airport is at the most 10-15 min away from the cruise port. They also have shuttles available. I wouldn't worry about that, as it sounds like a ploy to get you to use Princess's transfer service. There should be ground transportation service people once you disembark if you need help.

Penny

We have cruised several times from Port everglades and never had a taxi line like that. Usually directly into a taxi or under 10 minutes. But even if you did have to wait an hour, you have plenty of time to make your flight. I think princess is just trying to scare you into bring their overpriced transfers

We have cruised out of PE many times and never had a wait time like that. The most we have waited was about 20 minutes and that was unusual. Usually it is wait for 5 - 10 minutes, or basically walk right up to the taxi area and hop into a cab. I think the warning about it being a wait of 1 to 2 hours is an attempt to get you to take their transfers.

It will be about $14 for the cab and the ride is about 10 minutes.

One time we walked over to the taxi area and saw a fairly long line of people. Not sure how long the wait would be, we continued walking out of the cruise terminal area and onto the main street where we quickly hailed a cab coming out of a hotel and were at the airport in just a few minutes.

Hello - I have a semi-related question.

DH and I are doing a Bon Voyage Experience on the Ruby Princess on Nov. 8. We hope to stay on the ship until about 3 pm.

Will we have any trouble getting a cab at that time since most of the passengers actually sailing on the Ruby would have already boarded by that time.

Is there a cab stand or a phone to call a cab if none are available?

Thanks so much. Kay

• 2 years later...

I do not want my wife to suffer a heart attack if we have a long wait for a taxi!:confused:

Our travel agent told us last cruise to go with the cruise line transfer but who wants to be ripped off?

Our ship will dock Sunday Dec 3/17

Hi Murlev....I am the OP on this old thread. I want you to know that we exited the ship, quickly cleared customs, and walked a short distance to the taxi area. We were immediately in a cab and at the airport 10 minutes later. A piece cake! You should have no problem......Judith