Valor:PR, St. Tom, Barbados, St. Kitts, Lucia, Martin

shark&minnow

When planning a trip I LOVE to read the reviews and I LOVE seeing everyone's pictures. I love to see where people stay, eat and visit, so I really want to return the favor. So here goes:

We left LAX at 10:45pm on Friday 9/26/14 and flew to Atlanta, arriving at 6:00am, and then on to San Juan. We arrived in San Juan at about 12 noon on9/27. We very easily got our bags and a taxi and went straight to the Sheraton Old San Juan, where we were able to check in right away.

IMG_2243_zps94233588.jpg

IMG_2237_zpsdaee3043.jpg

IMG_2238_zps61d7413f.jpg

After checking into our room we headed out to get some lunch and go to the Bacardi plant. It started raining as we stepped out of the hotel. We ended up stopping in this restaurant called "Tijuana's" that was across from the hotel. It was so-so, but out of the rain. I thought it was funny that we ended up at Tijuana's, given that we live very close to Tijuana! I didn't fly all the way to PR to go to Tijuana!

Here is the view from Tijuana's:

IMG_2240_zps7dc5fa3f.jpg

Then the rain let up and we took the ferry across and then taxied to Bacardi. This was all very easy and inexpensive just as the other reviews say.

IMG_2252_zps9301719a.jpg

IMG_2251_zps482ff888.jpg

Later we went out and had a Tripleta sandwich and a some beers from the street vendors, and walked and enjoyed the sunset. The sandwich was delicious! We made it an early night because we had barely slept on our flight the night before--I had been dosing off on the ferry!

IMG_2265_zps2e519e4e.jpg

IMG_2261_zps2ee1d2c4.jpg

IMG_2264_zpsd60c3af5.jpg

IMG_2267_zps5b100b5b.jpg

Following!!! :) We don't have a cruise planned but cruised on Valor out of San Juan in May 2013 and love reading reviews to relive our trip and also to get ideas for "next time". This was our favorite itinerary so far and would love to do this same cruise again. I know you just started, but I'm enjoying already and love your pictures. Thank you for taking the time to do a review and I'm looking forward to the rest.

Very happy to see your review! We are doing the same itinerary on the Liberty in May and am staying in the same hotel the night before!! Looking forward to reading more!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Next we checked out of the hotel. This was a little complicated because EVERYONE was checking out right then! We ended up taking the elevator up in order to be on it when it was coming down :eek:! Then we walked across the street, gave or bags to a porter and started the embarkation process. We were on the ship by 1:00.

We were very sweaty, but I had to buy the photo!

IMG_1272_zps9f6c8d48.jpg

And so it begins!

IMG_2298_zpsab36d998.jpg

IMG_2305_zpsab7e8b1a.jpg

Great pics, some angles I haven't seen before. Makes me want to go to Cristobal. For some reason haven't made it there yet.

Love your pics details some angles I haven't seen before. Especially love the sunset fountain pic, hadn't thought to try that before.

Looking forward to the rest of the islands.

Back on the Valor for this itinerary in January. Always happy to see a new review, looking forward to the rest.

Later we went out and had a Tripleta sandwich and a some beers from the street vendors, and walked and enjoyed the sunset. The sandwich was delicious! We made it an early night because we had barely slept on our flight the night before--I had been dosing off on the ferry!

IMG_2265_zps2e519e4e.jpg

IMG_2261_zps2ee1d2c4.jpg

Loving your review! We get fly out for our cruise on the Valor Saturday:D Not sure if you remember the exact location of the Food Trucks for the Tripletas but can you give me a general idea of the area you found it in? Also when you were walking around on Sunday before you boarded did you see any food trucks then. I think this is a great way to get a local taste. Thank you!

Thank you everyone! The tripleta had 3 meats and seasoning that reminded me of a cuban sandwich, it was very good. I would get it again. The food trucks were right along the main water front street. If you walk straight from the Sheraton area down toward the fountain area along the water front you can't miss them. The vendors are all set up Saturday evening. They weren't out Sunday morning, but I would assume they're there Sunday evening. We didn't get back off the ship once we were on, so I'm not sure.

First stop: St. Thomas. We got up early. First thing Eric goes and gets us coffee, this was the very nice thing about being on deck 10, we were so close to the food area and next we went to run and go to the gym.

Sunrise approaching St. Thomas:

IMG_2323_zps4935fd82.jpg

IMG_2324_zpsa9ac125e.jpg

We didn't have a planned excursion. We walked to the taxi area and got a taxi to Sapphire Beach. Our taxi driver was a very interesting man who knew all kinds of geological info and history of the islands.

IMG_1271_zpsdad4972d.jpg