Venice & Rome Hotels for 3 Adults

lightsleeper

Looking for recommendations for hotels in Venice and Rome for Three Adults,,Ideally each in own bed or sleeper sofa....Is this doable"?

I was looking for something similar last month. You might be better off with an apartment. Try AirBnB. I was a bit reluctant but it worked out well for us.

Be sure that you enter "3 adults" wherever you try to find your room. There are a few places that will have triple rooms, but not many. If you enter "2 adults" and show up with 3 adults, you'll be charged extra (if they let you come in at all).

Just for kicks, I looked a the Olimpia that was mentioned earlier. It does have a couple of triple rooms - one is 1 queen and 1 single for 449EU and one is 1 queen and 2 singles for 489EU.

Venice : Hotel Locanda Salieri . Great location quiet. Good inhouse Trattoria.

Handy to Piazzale de Roma, St Lucia station, Grand Canal, Vaporettos, Cruise terminal .

Rome : Hotel Smeraldo near Campo de Fiori. Great location . Easy walking distance to Piazza Farnesse, Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Castel de St Angelo & St. Peters . Plenty eateries nearby in Campo de Fiori.

For both hotels book on line direct via Hotel websites to avoid paying middleman commissions .

In Venice we booked a triple at Hotel Arlecchino....got a double (might have been a queen) and a single.

Rome, if you are staying a couple of nights an apartment is a good idea. Have stayed here twice and loved it. Piazza Navona area....walk to everything and lots of good restaurants. Three separate sleeping areas. we were three women and each had our own bedroom

http://www.vrbo.com/194513

You might look at Albergo Cesari in Rome. They have a triple room that has three separate single beds. Their location is excellent (about half way between the Pantheon and Trevi Fountain) and they get very good reviews both here on Cruise Critic and on Trip Advisor. Can't speak from experience as we have not stayed there yet but we will be staying there in September and we walked by it a few months ago just to check it out from the outside. We have always stayed at Albergo Del Senato and we love it but it is quite a bit more expensive than Albergo Cesari and I believe their triple room comes with one double bed and a sofa bed.

While in Rome 2 years ago we booked a 3 bed room at Hotel Sant'Angelo, and we had a great experience. We booked through booking.com but you can check it our here http://www.hotelsa.it/en/default.html

The hotel is situated within walking distance to the Vatican and Castel Sant'Angelo (hence the name). You can take a bus from nearby Piazza Cavour to all important sites in Rome. The hotel was very clean and had an A/C which is very important if visiting during the Summer months.

We've been to Venice too but stayed overnight on the cruise ship, therefore we didn't need hotel. If you're going to Venice my tip to you is travel light because it's very hard to maneuver on the foot bridges with heavy luggage.

Have fun both cities are a ton of fun!

I have been looking for inexpensive hotels in Venice. Of course they don't exist, but I keep trying. I have seen a lot of triple rooms (3 separate beds) in the smaller, less expensive, less American-type hotels. What I found important to consider about Venice is 1) Does the hotel have an elevator and if not, how many flights of stairs are involved, 2) Where a hotel is located in relation to a vaporetto (water bus) stop, and whether you can get there easily with luggage. (Most hotels on the island of Venice require taking a vaporetto and then walking, often over bridges - or else taking an expensive private water taxi, or a shared one for 30 euros per person. You'll also need to get your luggage to or from the port. If you'll be staying in Venice on a weekend, I would look for a hotel now. Many people recommend the Olimpia there, or the Hilton Molino Stucky, and those are big hotels which probably don't fill up fast like the ones I'm looking at, but in any case, I would not wait until the last minute to book a hotel. And yes, prepare for high prices!

I'm thinking of just storing a big bag at one of the bag storage places in Venice (Piazalle Roma, where airport bus goes), as that will make getting to a hotel much easier. At first I wanted to be right in the San Marco area, but then decided that would be way too touristy and crowded for me. Some rather reasonably-priced hotels I've looked at and liked are Locanda Fiorita, Locanda Antico Fiore, Hotel Al Duca Di Venezia, Hotel Venice Scandinavia and Hotel Villa Igea. Some hotels make you book 2 nights if you'll be there on the weekend. The Locanda Salieri mentioned above looked good to me as well, but it was booked. I did not give too much stock to the star ratings, as in Europe the ratings are a bit different from the U.S., so they're not a reliable indicator of what Americans would like.

I found "Europe for Visitors" to be a good resource for advice on what hotel to book (mostly if you can't afford $100 for a private water taxi, and can't lug your bags over multiple bridges over canals), plus Tom's Port Guides.

Edited by roothy123