Rhine river levels now

pacmom

You can check water levels on all German rivers on this website recommended by Notamermaid. http://www.wetteronline.de/pegelstaende?gid=SAC

It’s in German but the graphics are good. The map gives you the deviation from the mean water level (Flusspegel or Pegel or Pegelstand in the German language). Hover your cursor above the green or red markers to find the names of cities and rivers.

The more green means the more below average, the more red means the more above average.

Edited by HDS

• 2 weeks later...

Hello HDS,

Thank you for recommending the website.

Hello pacmom,

I had a look at the river this morning and can report that it is slightly lower than average for November in the Middle Rhine valley. It is raining on and off (quite grey and dull) but also a little warmer than usual. The water levels along the Rhine are likely to rise in the next few days, but there is still quite a bit of room before we would call it flooding. So, no worries at the moment.

notamermaid

• 1 month later...

The water level in the Middle Rhine valley is still lower than average for this time of year. No problems.

I woke up this morning to a town and valley covered in white with the neighbour shovelling snow. It looked so peaceful. Then a car drove past through the sleet and I thought about work...

notamermaid

Hello ingo_e,

At the moment I would more be concerned that the canal (or locks) could freeze over while cruises are still going on until January 4th.. :)

indeed! A very cold night it was, minus 17 degrees in parts, minus 8 in my wider region. It is only just above zero here now.

A couple of cruises of ARosa are running until the 10 January, by the way, starting just after the New Year. They are 4 and 5 day trips.

notamermaid