Is anyone taking more shoes than me?

Okay here's the deal. I have never been accused of being a light packer, but I really think I can get it down to 6 or maybe 7 pairs of shoes. We are going to be gone for 12 days, extending our 7 day cruise. Am I nuts? icon_smile.gif

Judy

Cruisin in July on the Golden Princess

Hi Judyicon_smile.gif

You will be receiving alot of replies! I know there are gals on here who bring twice the amount you are bringing icon_wink.gif. Literally...I have read stories of ladies bringing 15 to 16 pairs and they use luggage for shoes only.

(Not me).

I normally bring 6 pairs...7 at the most.

Have a great cruise icon_smile.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

To a Judy from another Judy icon_biggrin.gif

I'm packing 2 dress pairs and 2 casual pairs.....AND will be wearing another pair for embarkation for a 7 day W.Carribean cruise. Felt like I was going a little overboard....but one needs to match shoes with ones' clothes mustn't we? LOL! Your traveling those extra days probably calls for more shoes, huh?

My question is this: do you folks recommend carrying sneakers? One of my packed pair is of the hirachi type of sandal that is VERY comfortable to wear for extended walking.....BUT wonder if wearing tennies with thick short cotton socks is better??? Any recommendations out there?

=o) Judy (o=

Hi Judy#2icon_smile.gif.

One of my staples is a good walking sandel...bring one every time! And I have never had feet problems so they are always good for me.

And I don't normally ever bring sneakers..but, I did last time...when I went to the Falls In Jamaica..I wore an old pair of Keds...so I didn't worry if they got wet or damaged. But that is the only time I used them.

So, I guess it really depends on youicon_smile.gif. If you want to throw them in...just to have them.

But for my walking excursions...I always use my "walking sandels"!

Have a great cruise icon_smile.gif

Thanks gals! icon_smile.gif

I have a silver pair and cream pair for formal, white sandals and brown sandals,my beach flip flops and a really cool pair of mesh tennis shoes that can be worn in water and dry right away. But I am feeling that something is missing icon_biggrin.gif

Judy

Judy...what are you wearing on those informal or casual evenings? I see you have your "dress shoes"...do they go with the other outfits for dinner too? or are they the white and black sandels you mentioned?

Hmm...I usually take six or so pairs of Birkenstocks...nevermind my dress shoes! Yes, I am a shoe-a-holic. Don't usually bring sneakers, aka tennies!

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

Brilliance 12/04

This is so funny, my sister-in-law and I are shoe whore's to the max. We're going in november on the CP and I'm trying to get it under 6 pairs, but it's damn hard I tell ya! I have black dress, white dress, black casual, white casual, 3 pairs of flip flops....HELP!! My DH won't let me take a separate bag for shoes, I already tried

That is how I got out of doing those excursions. Didn't really care to hike and it would have required a new pair of timberlands added to my shoe collection! icon_biggrin.gif

Judy

I bring 4 pair's of shoes, Beach shoes, Sandals, Dress shoes, Tennis shoes. I make sure all of the shoes I bring will match up with any or all of my outfits, its easier that way!!

When you have cruised as many as we have, you learn to start packing lighter, not only that but if you are flying, you can only have two check in's per person and one carry on. icon_wink.gif

Charlene

~~lvs2cruz~~

Sun Princess - Feb.7/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;02;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0700

I usually end up with about 6 pairs of shoes, but on this Baltic cruise, I'll probably end up with about 8 because of the uncertainty of the weather.

I only wear sneakers to the gym, so what I do is pack my oldest pair in the outside pockets of my luggage. If they're stolen or even if I've shopped too much and don't want to schlep them home, I don't care.

Jane

Gosh, I thought you could never take enough shoes!! icon_smile.gif I'm only going on a three nighter and I will be wearing one pair for embarkation, have two for dinners, one for walking around Nassau, beach flip flops for Coco Cay, nicer flip flops for around deck after Coco Cay but before dinner, and one pair to wear home. Oh yeah, I always bring an extra dress in case something happens right before dinner and I need to change (has never happened but, better safe than sorry) and it requires a different pair of shoes. So I guess my grand total is 8 pair for a three night cruise--I better pull out the extra suitcase!!! LOL

Sovereign of the Seas 6/00

Fascination 6/01

Fantasy 6/03

Sovereign 6/04

I am a "what if" shoe packer...If I pack THESE flip flops for the pool area, what if my feet swell and they make my toes hurt. Better pack a back up. I'll pack these mules for the black dress on casual night, but what if the tops of my feet get sunburnt? Better back the flats... It just goes from there. I'd guess I pack 14 pair for a 7 day cruise. Anyone who has ever cruised with me, just gives up on trying to understand. Last cruise my 12 year old daughter and I (we wear the same size shoes now) packed 19 pair.

I have planned 2 pair black heels for night time, one semi-formal, one casual and my formal shoes are silver. Two pair sneakers (recommended for AK, shoes can get wet) a pair of casual slides for better weather in Vancouver. That makes six, but I will wear one pair on the plane.

I guess I could wear one pair of the black shoes more often, but the casual shoes are too casual and too comfortable to stay home, but open toed and I do need to wear hose with one of my dresses. So, I just have to have a pair of closed toed heels. So, six pair seem to be about the average, thank goodness the guys don't have to take so many pair, they would hog the suitcases!

Kathy

I've brought 10 pairs, easy, on a 7 day cruise. So no worry. icon_smile.gif

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas

Archived