best advice for snorkeling

dukefan4life

Looking for advice on snorkeling on the island. Arriving via Jewel of the Seas. We have our own equipment so just looking for the best deal/beach.

We booked an independent excursion with Grenada Seafaris to snorkel the Underwater Sculpture Park. It was awesome!! :cool:

We booked an independent excursion with Grenada Seafaris to snorkel the Underwater Sculpture Park. It was awesome!! :cool:

Just got an e-mail back from them. They are booked for the morning and I was really looking for something to do for the biggest part of the day. If anyone has any good suggestions for just a beach to hang out with good snorkeling I would appreciate the advice.

Just got an e-mail back from them. They are booked for the morning and I was really looking for something to do for the biggest part of the day. If anyone has any good suggestions for just a beach to hang out with good snorkeling I would appreciate the advice.

I'd have to say I agree with Canada Rocks. Seafaris are fantastic - great guides and fun boat too. Suggest go to the beach for the morning although as a resident I have to say the fishermen tend to fish out most fishies off our beaches so you wont see much but great place to relax for the morning and then go out to the Marine Protected area with Seafaris in the afternoon for better snorkeling experience and the underwater statues too. Perhaps the afternoon may be less busy ?

• 6 months later...

I read that the sculpture park is 30 feet down. For those that have super buoyancy, will this be a problem for me? I can't seem to dive down and struggle to even swim towards the bottom of the sea no matter where in the Caribbean I am. I would like to get close enough to see it. Can I get a good enough view from the surface? Thanks.

I read that the sculpture park is 30 feet down. For those that have super buoyancy, will this be a problem for me? I can't seem to dive down and struggle to even swim towards the bottom of the sea no matter where in the Caribbean I am. I would like to get close enough to see it. Can I get a good enough view from the surface? Thanks.

I didn't dive down at all and I saw the sculptures very well. :)

• 4 months later...
I'd have to say I agree with Canada Rocks. Seafaris are fantastic - great guides and fun boat too.

We'll be in Grenada for the first time next March on Royal Princess and are thinking about Seafaris. Does the tour make more than one snorkel stop? How long is the tour total?

Lastly, in looking at the photos on their website, it seems like the boat is completely open to the sun - is there any shade? I'm very pale and, in addition to wearing tons of sunscreen and a long sleeves swim shirt, I always seek out shade.

Thank you!

We'll be in Grenada for the first time next March on Royal Princess and are thinking about Seafaris. Does the tour make more than one snorkel stop? How long is the tour total?

Lastly, in looking at the photos on their website, it seems like the boat is completely open to the sun - is there any shade? I'm very pale and, in addition to wearing tons of sunscreen and a long sleeves swim shirt, I always seek out shade.

Thank you!

Hi there suggest you contact them directly if their website doesn't answer all the questions you have. They are super good at speedy replies. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We did the sculpture park a couple years ago. OMG breathtaking... Once in the water we were surounded with schools colorful fish you could reach out and touch. Looking down was a couple of fish as big as me:eek: I was also able to dive down to touch the sculptures in a couple of places, they were 8 - 12 feet from the surface. This is a must see IMHO.

framer

:rolleyes:Oh bruther, I just seen this thread is from 2014. But I still wanted to know.:o

It is an old thread but the answers are much more recent. There is no sun cover on the Seafaris boat but that's why the tour is 2.5hrs long but still manages to load in a ton of information about the island and offers the only guided snorkel of the statue park.

We dont have many fish or good reefs off the beach as we have rather fished it all out :mad:. The sculpture park lies within the marine protected area so there's usually a large diversity and quantity of species there.

Seafaris are often suggested as they only take x10 maximum on their boat so they offer high-quality small group experiences with great levels of service. They also have loads of good TripAdvisor reviews. Hope you have a great day on our island whatever you choose to do.:)

Out of interest I just called Seafaris if they are booked for Carnival Glory as it seems so far away :confused: - she says according to her notes it is calling into port only once on the 6th Feb 2016 and as yet she still has seats available.

:cool: