Cambodia cruise tonle sap access

harbourside

What months can you sail on the Tonle sap. With different cruise companies I have read different versions of what months are not accessible. APT/AMA- June to August and December to April, Avalon- late December to June. From what I can make out, it seems that the only accessible months are September, October and November. Who has been on the Tonle lake and what months did you do it. Any disadvantages by not sailing on the lake and having to go by coach.

Thanks

We travelled upstream on The Jahan(Heritage Line) late September and were able to travel across the lake. Amazing experience. Took 6 hours to cross - just looked like the ocean. By travelling upstream this was our last full day of the cruise, so it was a very relaxing day. We spent most of our time on the sundeck, others had massages etc.My brother did the downstream trip last year at the same time of year but they had to do the bus trip. I think this was due to bridge work at that time.

Weather was good on the cruise, only had rain the first night on board and 2 quick(1/2 hour at most) downfalls during day. Had no rain while doing shore excursions.During our pre stay in Ho Chi Minh we had short downpours twice and in our post stay in Siem Reap the last night was raining - didnt stop us catching a tuk tuk to restaurant for dinner.:)

We were on the Tonle Sap in late July, early August with AMA and had no problems. We did learn that people earlier and some later couldn't get on the ship due to low water levels, but I guess it's just the luck of the draw. Loved the trip!

We took the Mekong cruise early September of this year with AMAWaterways. We could not cross Tonle Sap lake as there was a bridge under repair at the southern end of the lake. The bus trip from Siem Reap to where we embarked was long and agonizing. The road conditions were poor and trip took over 6 hours.