Bitter and Blanc???

scissorhappygrl

I'm going on the Splendor in January and was wondering about this dessert on the menu in the MDR. Can anyone help me out please!! I thought there wasn't anything better than WCMC until I had this on the Liberty about 5 or 6 years ago.

Thanks for your input!

Lisa:)

Who knows what tomorrow brings, but currently yes. Depending on what the question was. :confused:

Who knows what tomorrow brings, but currently yes. Depending on what the question was. :confused:

Pardon me for not completing my post in asking if it is still on the menu. I do understand that the menu is changing so I'm hoping it will be waiting for me when I get there:)

Thank you

Lisa

Yes, but it's not offered every night.

Here's a hint. I missed Bitter 'n Blanc night once on the Breeze and lamented that fact to our server. He said he would special order it for me for the next night, and he did - TWO servings every night for the rest of the cruise! I made converts all around the table with the extra servings :D

Yes, but it's not offered every night.

Here's a hint. I missed Bitter 'n Blanc night once on the Breeze and lamented that fact to our server. He said he would special order it for me for the next night, and he did - TWO servings every night for the rest of the cruise! I made converts all around the table with the extra servings :D

Want to tell us what it is?

the hint is to ask your waiter. they can, but are not obliged to, honor special requests off-menu as such. ymmv in part based on your rapport with your waiter or their own mastery of their own position (some may not even know they can do that)

A Brioche Bread Pudding where the 'pudding' is made with white chocolate, with dark chocolate mixed in and served in a ramekin with a vanilla sauce you add yourself.

Shorter answer to what is it? - GOOD

My absolute FAVORITE dessert! In my opinion, (and I know I'm in the minority here) the bitter and blanc puts the WCMC to shame!! I could eat the B&B every night of the cruise! It's soooo good! Can't wait to have some next month! :D

i agree. i don't care for wcmc at all. b&b is another matter :D

the hint is to ask your waiter. they can, but are not obliged to, honor special requests off-menu as such. ymmv in part based on your rapport with your waiter or their own mastery of their own position (some may not even know they can do that)

Special requests should be made at least a day in advance. As the waiter is not going to be the one to make the dessert, they are not the final decision maker but may have some influence.

Special requests should be made at least a day in advance. As the waiter is not going to be the one to make the dessert, they are not the final decision maker but may have some influence.

frankly, i don't think special requests as such should be made. or honored.

i was responding only to what was posted by others. this seems to be an increasingly common thing that people do.

excepting special needs, i can't imagine walking into a restaurant and asking for something that's not on the menu. that's why there is such thing as a menu. and i never have, or would consider as much.

so in the end, i believe we agree with each other. albeit i don't think such requests should be made, regardless. although, if you think it's fine to just request a day in advance, then perhaps we don't.

Edited by falkcor

frankly, i don't think special requests as such should be made. or honored.

i was responding only to what was posted by others. this seems to be an increasingly common thing that people do.

excepting special needs, i can't imagine walking into a restaurant and asking for something that's not on the menu. that's why there is such thing as a menu. and i never have, or would consider as much.

so in the end, i believe we agree with each other. albeit i don't think such requests should be made, regardless. although, if you think it's fine to just request a day in advance, then perhaps we don't.

In general, I don't think people should be making special requests and that includes me. Imagine if 1000s of people had special requests each night. Most would go hungry.

In general, I don't think people should be making special requests and that includes me. Imagine if 1000s of people had special requests each night. Most would go hungry.

in general, i don't think people should be making special requests, either. and that includes you. and me. and anybody else that chooses to dine in the mdr.

yes, i agree, the system is not set up for 1000s of people to make special requests, at all. i don't think they'd go hungry, but they sure as hell won't get dinner service in the mdr if that was the case.

Pardon me for not completing my post in asking if it is still on the menu. I do understand that the menu is changing so I'm hoping it will be waiting for me when I get there:)

Thank you

Lisa

After just getting done scanning many different menus, I can state that Bitter N Blanc is available on night # 4 on cruises that are 7 or 8 days in length. I was disappointed that it was not available on my last Carnival cruise, which was a 6 day Breeze sailing in January of 2013. But a close runner up to Bitter n Blanc is the Grand Marnier Souffle, which is an orange flavored souffle that has the same warm vanilla sauce poured into it. It can be devoured on the last night of your cruise if your cruise is 6, 7 or 8 days in length.

On a 5 day cruise it is offered on the second night. I love Bitter and Blanc, but sometimes it is a bit dry (even with the vanilla sauce) so I order the cherries jubilee too, and pour the cherry sauce on the bitter and blanc. I mean, who doesn't love a chocolate covered cherry?

On bitter and blanc night that's all I order.

I tell the waiter to bring one every 10 minutes, until i gain a pants size...then bring one every 5 minutes. ;)

On the Legend he even had one boxed up to go for me at the end...what a lovely late night snack!

He was tipped accordingly!!!

On bitter and blanc night that's all I order.

I tell the waiter to bring one every 10 minutes, until i gain a pants size...then bring one every 5 minutes. ;)

On the Legend he even had one boxed up to go for me at the end...what a lovely late night snack!

He was tipped accordingly!!!

You had me at hello!:)

I wondered too what B&B was. It was on the menu the night we did the Chef's Table on the Splendor. Definitely something I'd like, along with the Grand Marnier souffle.

"i can't imagine walking into a restaurant and asking for something that's not on the menu. that's why there is such thing as a menu. and i never have, or would consider as much."

This made me lol -- my husband is the owner/chef at a small fine dining restaurant and has people order things not on the menu frequently. I have said the same thing (not to customers): that's why there's a menu. I would never occur to me to do that.

I wondered too what B&B was. It was on the menu the night we did the Chef's Table on the Splendor. Definitely something I'd like, along with the Grand Marnier souffle.

"i can't imagine walking into a restaurant and asking for something that's not on the menu. that's why there is such thing as a menu. and i never have, or would consider as much."

This made me lol -- my husband is the owner/chef at a small fine dining restaurant and has people order things not on the menu frequently. I have said the same thing (not to customers): that's why there's a menu. I would never occur to me to do that.

We are doing the chef table and if its the same night I will demand, errr, request in the strongest terms, that a B&B + 1 be delivered to the chef's table...;)