Bitter and Blanc???

scissorhappygrl

We are doing the chef table and if its the same night I will demand, errr, request in the strongest terms, that a B&B + 1 be delivered to the chef's table...;)

Two of the others at the Chef's Table (there were only 7 of us total) raved about the dessert they had had the night before at the steakhouse. The chef sent one of the waiters and after dessert, we all had the chocolate dessert from the steakhouse! Ask away!!! (and enjoy!)

A Brioche Bread Pudding where the 'pudding' is made with white chocolate, with dark chocolate mixed in and served in a ramekin with a vanilla sauce you add yourself.

Shorter answer to what is it? - GOOD

I found the recipe for this and made it myself! OMG, sooo good!

I wondered too what B&B was. It was on the menu the night we did the Chef's Table on the Splendor. Definitely something I'd like, along with the Grand Marnier souffle.

"i can't imagine walking into a restaurant and asking for something that's not on the menu. that's why there is such thing as a menu. and i never have, or would consider as much."

This made me lol -- my husband is the owner/chef at a small fine dining restaurant and has people order things not on the menu frequently. I have said the same thing (not to customers): that's why there's a menu. I would never occur to me to do that.

i bet you'd love b&b... i can't imagine anybody not loving it - it's great! :D

and as the one quoted above, i'm glad i could make you lol. you can tell your husband that some people 'get it' :)

really, the nerve of some people... that, i don't get. especially in a cruise ship dining room serving thousands of people :confused:

there's a menu for a reason. as noted, special needs like food allergies, etc. excepted... but, really? even the picky eater should be able to find something on the menu which is suitable... :rolleyes:

Yes, but it's not offered every night.

Here's a hint. I missed Bitter 'n Blanc night once on the Breeze and lamented that fact to our server. He said he would special order it for me for the next night, and he did - TWO servings every night for the rest of the cruise! I made converts all around the table with the extra servings :D

My waiter on my Breeze cruise did something similar!

We absolutely loved it the night that had it....we kept raving about it so he put in a HUGE order for it for the final night (30 orders) for us. Needless to say we were ecstatic lol.

Yep, it is still on the menu...I hope it stays as it is my favorite Carnival dessert.

Pardon me for not completing my post in asking if it is still on the menu. I do understand that the menu is changing so I'm hoping it will be waiting for me when I get there:)

Thank you

Lisa

I know it might be a pain for that HUGE kitchen to make a few extra items that are NOT on the menu, but that is what I LOVE about CARNIVAL, they ALWAYS try to please!!! I hope I can get it to go one evening:D

Happy sailing with Bitter and Blanc!! Also going to try the soufflé!!

Lisa:)

my wife's favorite dessert is the creme brulee...we had it the first night on both ships, and when our waiter asked how it was, she said that she loved it, and it was her favorite dessert.

she never asked him for it again, but he brought her one every night for the rest of the trip.

I missed Bitter 'n Blanc night once on the Breeze and lamented that fact to our server. He said he would special order it for me for the next night, and he did - TWO servings every night for the rest of the cruise! I made converts all around the table with the extra servings :D

I feel the same way about the Grand Marnier Souffle, when it's done right. Had it on Breeze in September and was sorely disappointed.

Edited by Writerfl

The itinerary change notwithstanding, the only other disappointment of my last cruise on Liberty a few weeks ago was the absence of Bitter and Blanc. This was a seven day cruise with the American Table menus. There was daily WCMC, Gran Marnier Soufflé, Creme Brûlée, and Tiramisu, which are my other favorites.

My absolute FAVORITE dessert! In my opinion, (and I know I'm in the minority here) the bitter and blanc puts the WCMC to shame!! I could eat the B&B every night of the cruise! It's soooo good! Can't wait to have some next month! :D

My favorite too!! Can't wait!!

BEST dessert I had all week last week on the Magic!!! White chocolate fluffy moist bowl of joy, with layers of bittersweet chocolate and vanilla cream sauce poured on top by waiter. Mmmmmm.

Seriously... me and the lady next to me both got it and we were moaning with ecstasy! Our husband's both laughed at about it, saying we both sounded like.. well, you know!

So I'm relatively new to CC, but I have LOVED Bitter & Blanc on my last few cruises! So my question is, who can we petition/call/email/bribe to have B&B become a daily feature like WCMC? I liked WCMC too, but B&B is a whole new level of deliciousness.

So I'm relatively new to CC, but I have LOVED Bitter & Blanc on my last few cruises! So my question is, who can we petition/call/email/bribe to have B&B become a daily feature like WCMC? I liked WCMC too, but B&B is a whole new level of deliciousness.

Let them take the WMCM off the daily menu and replace it with B&B (Okay, okay WCMC fans...keep both!!) But I would TOTALLY order B&B every night!