Help with Flights to San Juan

We have just returned from NOS and have booked the Adventure of the Seas for next year leaving from San Juan. We are coming from England and we are unsure of where the connecting flights leave from as we would like to book our own air fares independently from the travel agent. We can either fly into New York, Miami or Orlando - is it possible to get flights direct from these areas. We would ideally like to spend a few days in New York prior to the cruise and finish our vacation in Disneyworld Florida. Thanks for your help.

Hi

I sail AOS this December. I arranged my own air tickets with BA in their January sale. They always discount Nov - Early Dec and Jan - Mar. We fly into NY JFK and out of Miami £234 for the open jaw ticket. I booked Delta Song from New York JFK to San Juan and then spirit airlines from San Juan to Fort Lauderdale we will use a shuttle to transfer down to South Beach. Altogether I paid about £360. This was the cheapest I could find even if I took a multiple stop fare with a single airline.

Jo

Hi Ms Jo UK.

Could you give me the name of the US travel agent you used for booking your trip to New York, San Juan etc. I have replied to you under another thread so sorry for repeating myself but the price we have been quoted for flights through RCI are a ridiculous amount. £5,200 for myself, husband, son who is 12 and my daughter who is 6. We will really would like to go to New York prior to San Juan and hopefully end up at Disney World so any advice you could give me would be appreciated.

Hi JH

Sorry if my post didn't read very well. I only booked the cruise through the US TA which was an online agency. I booked all of my flights and my accommodation on my own. I used BA for the Transatlantic route just because they had a sale on at the time and were willing to do open jaw tickets. I then researched flights from New York to San Juan - Lots of US airlines fly down, it just so happened Delta were the cheapest for that leg of the journey, American Airlines, Jet Blue, US Airways and others all fly that route Delta have now transferred by booking to Delta Song. By reading reviews and posts I learned it is sometimes cheaper to fly to Fort Lauderdale than Miami and I researched both airports. FLL won even with the cost of transferring a good tool for looking at flights and getting some idea is sidestep dot com. The hotels I booked myself using priceline which I found out about from these boards and have become addicted to but I familiarised myself with princeline by reading better bidding dot com and bidding for travel dot com before I even used this service.

I hope this helps.

As we can't give names of TAs out if you post your email address I will respond to you if you need any other information.

Jo

Miss Jo UK

I spent all evening yesterday searching the web and even though I can't get any flight details yet for next August. I did find out that I can go through Continental airlines using Virgin for the the Gatwick - New York return and then connecting flights to San Juan and then on to Orlando for half the price that RCI have quoted. Now that we know that our plans are feesible we are definitely going to pay the deposit for the cruise.

Guest cruzr44
We have just returned from NOS and have booked the Adventure of the Seas for next year leaving from San Juan. We are coming from England and we are unsure of where the connecting flights leave from as we would like to book our own air fares independently from the travel agent. We can either fly into New York, Miami or Orlando - is it possible to get flights direct from these areas. We would ideally like to spend a few days in New York prior to the cruise and finish our vacation in Disneyworld Florida. Thanks for your help.

We are also going to Disney on our way back from San Juan. We are flying American Airlines but Delta and Spirit Air also go direct to Orlando.

Archived