Quite big changes to room service

Beccafcr

I bet it won't be long until these changes are fleet wide.

[ATTACH]330128[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]330129[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]330130[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]330131[/ATTACH]

Photos courtesy of cruise critic.x

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, This is absolutely RIDICULOUS:eek: Just as easy to go to the MDR or Buffet for breakfast for eggs. Soon, they'll make us pay for all our free food (which isn't free as we know). We need to protest....

OK I'm protesting...N/C room service unless after midnight and 1 flat rate.

First them change smoking policies, now they charge for RS eggs. Soon the air won't be free, they will figure out a way to charge for FRESH air! Sorry I'm ranting, but this bugs me.

This does't necessarily affect me because I actually prefer to walk up to the Windjammer for breakfast anyway, and sometimes even bring it back to the room, but I find it sort of ridiculous to charge for eggs..(Even if they are cooked "Your Way"! ;):rolleyes: )

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

That's such an incredibly limited menu..not like the old one at all. It's a shame.

Guess we won't be ordering room service on the FOS when we sail her in 2016 if it goes fleet wide. Why should I pay for something I can walk up to the Windjammer and get for free? Sigh...more nickel and diming...

Edited by shutterbug63

I would love to hear the reasoning from the cruise line on the reason for these changes. Why now charging for items that were previously no charge.

I, for one, will never pay for room service. The ship is not a hotel. There should not be a charge for room service items.

Edited by yj2cute

If I read this correctly, the only items you have to pay for are the things that come from the "For Fee" restaurants.

Yes, but they replaced the things that were not for a fee before. You never had to pay for hamburger on RS menu. Now they made it a "specialty" burger and charge a fee. At one point in time they used to offer chicken wings free too, they are now a "specialty" item.

The free offerings have been drastically reduced; you used to be able to make an actual meal out of RS if you wanted. No more; at least not without paying. I'll walk to WJ instead.

I may be alone in this thinking since I never use room service, but since the WJ is open 24 hours a day and has breakfast all the time I think they should really rethink RS. Instead of a limited selection of free items and a large amount of for fee items, they should have everything available elsewhere on the ship for the usual free or fee listed price and then have a flat RS charge and maybe a small secondary charge per additional item. It doesn't cost them anything extra to make the food since they already do, it's having the people to get the food to the rooms that cost the money. This fee exists whether you are ordering off of the fee or free menu but only one makes helps cover the additional costs involved. Seems like this could help reduce the RS load (and abusers if you have a per item fee) while also opening the menu to a much larger selection. People normally tip so if they build the tip into the fee like the specialty venues do it wouldn't be that big of a change.

On sister line Celebrity - room service menu includes more free items and all hot items for breakfast, and hamburgers, etc. for SUITE cabins. Does anyone know if the FREE items have more of a variety in a Quantum suite where you are paying much more for a cabin anyway??

For Quantum it has been advertised as being 24 hours; I don't know how much of it is 24 hours or what has been expanded. Hoping to see some info in the live reports on WJ.

I'm on board Quantum at moment, windjammer has small area open, I think, at all times. I did manage pork chops at midnight!

I beg to differ, but a cruise ship IS a hotel. A very large and mostly well run hotel. The ships operations are managed completely separate from the hotel operations. There is a hotel manager and assistant managers. As there is a captain and staff captains. Neither would dream of interfering with the others business. There is also a retail operations manager and a spa manager

I beg to differ, but a cruise ship IS a hotel. A very large and mostly well run hotel. The ships operations are managed completely separate from the hotel operations. There is a hotel manager and assistant managers. As there is a captain and staff captains. Neither would dream of interfering with the others business. There is also a retail operations manager and a spa manager

It's not a hotel in the sense that on a cruise you've paid for your meals in advance whereas in a hotel you haven't paid for meals and expect to pay for room service.