Earliest Ft. Lauderdale flight

Christine in MO

Just got off Oasis on Saturday last.

Had made a big mistake by booking a 1050 flight to NY for onward to Ireland. Lucky for us I noticed some comments here about times and rather than been stressed changed both flights at a cost of course.

I am sure as some say it can be done, but.

It took us one hour from walking off the ship to standing outside the terminal. Ships bus transfer to the airport was about 45 mins because of the system they use. OK a taxi will be faster but we were first timers to FL.

Our flight to JFK was 1515hrs, so at the airport we just took it easy had a snack and were stress free.

Would I go for an early flight next time, no way, anything after 1200hrs would be fine.

• 1 month later...

I will be writing a full review later, but wanted to let everyone know that we just self-disembarked off the Victory on Thursday. Self-Disembarkation began at 8:15 for Platinum & FTTF. We were off ship, through customs and at the curb by 8:30 a.m. where QLS Transportation was waiting. We arrived Fort Lauderdale Airport in less than 30 minutes and were through TSA by 9:30 a.m. We will definitely do this route again!

NOTE: Traffic going the other direction was horrendous! We would never do this if going from Port of Fort Lauderdale to MIA.

We're in the same boat!!

Flight out of FLL on a Saturday after 11h30 were very expensive and we didn't want to chance it with my Mom who is cruising for the first time (70ish). Bad idea to stress her for nothing.

We decided that, for the same price than the expensive flight (with a 2h30 layouver at JFK !!), we could rent a car at FLL, drive up to Orlando, have a nice dinner and walk around DTD, stay at a moderate hotel, drop off the car at MCO in the afternoon and get a non-stop flight home in mid-afternoon. My Mom doesn't mind the drive and happy to stay an extra day.