What time would you suggest to arrive at pier?

sra12574

I love my time on the ship and wound up booking a ship not realizing its the first sailing at a new home port . I'm sailing on the Pride this Sunday out of Tampa . I live about an hour from the port so getting there isn't a problem but would like to try to get on as early as possible . Theres lots of new upgrades on the ship I would love to experience before ship gets crazy . I would like to try Blue Iguana Cantina or Guys Burgers and Hopefully get back to my room to watch a game while waiting for the Muster Drill .

Thanks for your replies . I have cruised on the legend and the paradise in the past but I wasn't living in Florida on those trips so I kinda went to the port when I got down here . I figured this would be a good chance to get on the ship a little earlier .

We usually get to the Port of Tampa around 10:30 which works well BUT, remember that the Pride is coming out of dry dock. There will be extra time needed to disembark the contractors that are probably still on the ship as they will still be working all the way from Freeport to Tampa. There may be delays in clearing them. Some of these workers may also still be with you on your cruise finishing up things (look for first Freedom reviews after dry dock).

Can't wait to sail her for NYE!

Isn't the ship empty?

Yeah that's one of the other things I was thinking . I was thinking about all the things that can cause delays from the departing cruise . But after thinking about it some more there may also be some things that may take time depending when the crew arrives and get settled but at least they don't have to remake all the rooms and I'm sure there are some areas of the ship already prepped .

Isn't it coming out of dry dock? So there won't be any previous guest on board.

I wonder when the crew will be arriving.

Have a great time on a practically new ship

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

Edited by thephillykid

Isn't it coming out of dry dock? So there won't be any previous guest on board.

I wonder when the crew will be arriving.

Have a great time on a practically new ship

Doesn't the crew normally stay on the ship during dry dock? They still need to operate the ship's services for the workers. Maybe not all of them but from what I've heard, most of them stay onboard during a dry dock.

Where is the ship coming from?

will it be arriving that morning?

I remember sailing on the miracle--- and it took forever for it to arrive.

didnt start boarding until after 3pm that day- what a mess

Remember, if you push & shove, you can get on a lot faster. :)

Thats some of the stuff I want to sort of try to avoid. I know the new 2.0 upgrades on the ship are probably going to be in high demand . I dont mind getting to the port early and waiting to board in the que . I dont think I'll be in a rush to get into the pool because I'm from the area and its been a little chilly for the area . So my embarkation plan is to go to the lido Deck get check out the new features and take my food back to my stateroom to watch some football games and wait for the muster drill .

For the most part I try to be civil with waiting for things . I believe in first come first serve and for following in an orderly pattern after that . My exception is when someone tries to cut in front of me or others around me . I'll politely remind the person that there is a line . I'm not a person someone wants to get in shoving match with .

Thats some of the stuff I want to sort of try to avoid. I know the new 2.0 upgrades on the ship are probably going to be in high demand . I dont mind getting to the port early and waiting to board in the que . I dont think I'll be in a rush to get into the pool because I'm from the area and its been a little chilly for the area . So my embarkation plan is to go to the lido Deck get check out the new features and take my food back to my stateroom to watch some football games and wait for the muster drill .

I hope the game you want to watch will be the tv. Last time we were dissapointed as no football was on the tv

Probably the fastest to get thru the boarding process is around 2PM. Nearly everyone wants early boarding (and early disembarking) If you wait until 2 your room will be ready and the lido won't be as crowded. Since we have to fly to all the ports we arrive when we arrive and being platinum go right thru. Even if you board around 2 you still have 2 hours before muster and most folks will be up on lido so if you want to explore you won't have much competition.

I got a phone call from Carnival saying that boarding will be delayed. I have no idea how true that is.

If it's the first cruise out of dry dock then the call might just be telling the truth.