Seuss at Sea/Maxxing Out the Experience

CanadianDee

We're aboard the Carnival Sunshine January 31, living large the Seuss experience with our four year-old granddaughter.

I'm hoping to start a seuss-themed idea swap. We've ordered the Seuss cabin decorations from Carnival, but we wanted to take it a step further (actually several steps further). I've ordered a Seuss dress from Etsy and am making Seuss travel journal for her. Pictures below.

We were thinking she could wear the Seuss dress to the Seuss breakfast. Grandpa and I will be wearing Thing 1 and Thing 2 wigs. Pic below.

What other ideas do people have?

1065663211_SeussDress.jpg.76ac0dc785fbc72138f45bb8d47b033d.jpg

750006693_SeussJournal.jpg.564c18b9aa7e20680f15ea39e0ed3e10.jpg

540779836_SeussThingWigs.jpg.f45abccc4c9aa7cb769a49735b219ea2.jpg

You should do a Seuss search on Pinterest. There's a bunch of ideas on there that you may be able to adapt to be able to use on the ship.

Good point. I've pinned a bunch of things, but haven't looked closely at them yet. I do know I want to run off some of the activity sheets and DIY Seuss games.

I'm wondering - for people who've been on one of the Seuss at Sea cruises - are there a lot of Seuss themed activities onboard, perhaps in Camp Carnival?

Let me just say - you are a very fun grandaparent! Not only taking her on a cruise but planning all this. She'll love it!

And I think you both get a prize for wearing the wigs - lol.

Omigoodness, Kim. Grandkids are SO much fun. I'm pretty sure we'll love this cruise as much as she will.

Awesome ideas! My mom is making my girls seuss dresses for our cruise in the spring :) maybe do a seuss countdown of some kind or read a seuss book every day for a week leading up to the cruise? A seuss movie marathon!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good point. I've pinned a bunch of things, but haven't looked closely at them yet. I do know I want to run off some of the activity sheets and DIY Seuss games.

I'm wondering - for people who've been on one of the Seuss at Sea cruises - are there a lot of Seuss themed activities onboard, perhaps in Camp Carnival?

I've read there is the breakfast and a parade with a cat in the hat story time and also a photo set up. Probably even more in camp carnival :)

Awesome ideas! My mom is making my girls seuss dresses for our cruise in the spring :) maybe do a seuss countdown of some kind or read a seuss book every day for a week leading up to the cruise? A seuss movie marathon!

Oh, those are awesome ideas! A Seuss movie marathon - I might load those onto my iPad to watch on the flight out!

I've read there is the breakfast and a parade with a cat in the hat story time and also a photo set up. Probably even more in camp carnival :)

There is, apparently usually on the last sea day. Here's some pics of the brunch I nabbed off the Internet.

brunch1.jpg.0c949746c152f2a3ec616eb537c404a2.jpg

brunch2.jpg.d7cc7740a82d105a922a1c42dc27ec27.jpg

brunch3.jpg.44f6df9f087fd50e402a9ee326f36736.jpg

brunch4.jpg.8488c3d3ecde619066840f194b1d4d0e.jpg

brunch5.jpg.275209214f2cf90729d451addfbfc9b6.jpg

brunch6.jpg.066b49e07a2759bfe32a688663b7c40e.jpg

brunch7.jpg.24f1e9ac57adea9b05899be309697a55.jpg

brunch8.jpg.e30604b49172fed670a7398b0c549950.jpg

brunch9.jpg.06bfae93f631842a0003f49e828abc04.jpg

I'm glad you'll be getting into the Seuss spirit because I think it will be such a fun thing to do with your granddaughter! I've ordered Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts for my mom and I to wear at the breakfast next week. She's fine with the shirt but I don't think I could convince her to wear the wig! She's being a trooper and doing this because I want to; she thinks it's for parents and their kids but I had to remind her that even though I'm 32 years old I'm still her kid so we'll be fine :)

I'm glad you'll be getting into the Seuss spirit because I think it will be such a fun thing to do with your granddaughter! I've ordered Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts for my mom and I to wear at the breakfast next week. She's fine with the shirt but I don't think I could convince her to wear the wig! She's being a trooper and doing this because I want to; she thinks it's for parents and their kids but I had to remind her that even though I'm 32 years old I'm still her kid so we'll be fine :)

LOL. I was reading a post the other day written by a 72 year-old who was looking forward to the Seuss breakfast. He had no kids to go with, but dammit, he was still going. :)

Hope you have a great time and I'd love to hear about your Seuss experience when you get back!

LOL. I was reading a post the other day written by a 72 year-old who was looking forward to the Seuss breakfast. He had no kids to go with, but dammit, he was still going. :)

Hope you have a great time and I'd love to hear about your Seuss experience when you get back!

That's my plan. Along with a Bloody Mary in a sippy cup. :D

61GudBKfmIL._SL1500_.jpg

Our family of 7 did some of the Dr. Seuss activities on the Magic last week. There was a parade from one end of the ship to the other and at the end of the parade they had a story time activity in the main showroom. The breakfast was fun. It was in the main dining room and was well decorated. They had several Dr. Seuss characters strolling around during the breakfast stamping autograph books and posing for pictures. I ate steak and green eggs, instead of the ham. The ship photographers had Dr. Seuss backdrops set up on a couple of nights. That's pretty much it except for a few activities in Camp Carnival. I'm a 59 year man and I thought it was fun and think its a great idea Carnival has come up with.

I'll definitely include it in my review!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have a question about Seuss at Sea. I am traveling with my kids 26 & 30, obviously not little kids. I was wondering, though, from anyone who has seen Seuss at Sea.....is it just for kids? Can adults participate in any way, that don't have small children with them? Maybe take pictures with the characters?

The reason I ask is, besides the fact that I love Dr. Seuss and always have.......but my co-worker and I jokingly call ourselves Thing 1 and Thing 2 at work. I think it would be fun to have my picture taken with Thing 1 and Thing 2. Is that allowed? Does anyone know if they do that?

I have a question about Seuss at Sea. I am traveling with my kids 26 & 30, obviously not little kids. I was wondering, though, from anyone who has seen Seuss at Sea.....is it just for kids? Can adults participate in any way, that don't have small children with them? Maybe take pictures with the characters?

The reason I ask is, besides the fact that I love Dr. Seuss and always have.......but my co-worker and I jokingly call ourselves Thing 1 and Thing 2 at work. I think it would be fun to have my picture taken with Thing 1 and Thing 2. Is that allowed? Does anyone know if they do that?

Yes, they love having the adults involved.

As to knowing it is going on all over the ship, on the Breeze I didn't even know about Suess there on board, until I saw photos of cruisers in Pixels photo area. So it is definitely not in your face.

As to other ideas, I hope you plan on doing some fantastic door decorations

Fish-Out-Of-Water-Classroom-Door-Decoration-Idea.jpg

a1b951429524ae4043d921a7fbe0334a.jpg

We're equally excited about the Seussiness of the Carnival ships. It was the theme of our niece's birthday, so she's rewearing her party dress and Seuss hairbow. Her American Girl doll also has a matching dress and bow.

Like these, but way cooler.

Hair-Bows1.jpg

We are decorating our door using border and cutouts we found at Target in their $1 section and leftover party decor. Since we're driving we're also putting together a Seuss themed bag with activities and books.

570741-2.jpg

We're in the process of trying to find some Seuss digital movies (except for Mike Myers' Cat in the Hat--it's creepy) to load onto the iPads.

If you're in need of more ideas and/or stuff Zulily is doing a big Grinchmas event that is full of Seuss items.

http://www.zulily.com/e/grinchmas-102422.html?ns=ns_600010808|1415334286209

@andy.capitan A Bloody Mary is the perfect colour for this Seuss cup too!

@sauer-kraut Oh yeah, definitely gonna try and do that 2nd door decoration

@Carnival_Bride Thanks for the links. Have already decided on a couple of Zulily “must-haves”.