Vancouver excursions

EliseL

Hi all. We end our cruise in Vancouver and and flight doesn't leave until 11pm.

We signed up for an excursion through the ship that was 8 hours and brought you to the airport afterwards. Well the cancelled it so now we have to figure out something else.

Anyone know of any private excursions that would pick you up at the ship have something all day and drop you at the airport? I know it's asking a lot but figured I'd put it out there.

We don't like driving ourselves in cities we don't know so we don't want do that. And we don't want to drag our luggage around all day or have to wait in the airport for 12 hours.

Any suggestions? Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can check your luggage for the day at the pier. I remember the area where you do it being right next to the rental car counter when we were waiting in line there. I remember being surprised at how few people were checking their luggage there after our Alaska cruise.

This company http://vancouvertours.com/ will take your luggage for you for the time you are with them. Give them a call to make sure. And there are other tours that would take more off your time up. Then they would drop you right off at the airport. I am sure you can find something of interest. They have great tours. We may take the Sea to Sky tour on our second day while we are there. Good luck.

We had time post cruise in mid August and because we had done the city tour in 2008 we decided to look for something else. We bought tickets to Capilano Suspension Bridge park and were able to take a free shuttle bus from hotel to the park. It was one of the most enjoyable things we did on the trip other than the Bering Sea tour while we were in port at Ketchikan. Hope you find something fun and enjoy your trip.

You would probably get more responses if you posted this question on the WEST COAST DEPARTURES forum. There are several Vanc area residents who post there frequently and can probably offer recommendations.

Another place to look is on the Vancouver forum of http://www.tripadvisor.com Lots of locals active on that forum too.