Oasis Class to West Coast?

Calgon1

You get in there the same way they got Mariner there. It's not really a question at all -- the ship would have to go all the way around South America. But that experience having Mariner on the west coast was a total disaster for RCCL, so there is no way they are going to bring an even larger vessel over. Oasis class is not going to the west coast. Someone should take the question mark off of the thread title and put a period there instead.

I agree. I don't even see a 0.0001% chance of an Oasis class on the west coast.... but I wonder what the Vegas odds were of Q being deployed to China last year before it was announced :eek:;)

I picture a Q class ship waaaay more likely on the west coast than an Oasis Class ship, perhaps Quantum herself. If RCL and other lines deploy many ships over to Oz/China to perhaps overload that market, RCL could possibly send Q herself over through Hawaii to do Alaska runs (ya, ok.... I know.... dreamin'...:rolleyes:)

Agreed! I do my bit by "shopping on board"! I sailed on the Mariner and don't remember it being "underbooked". Were the Mexico problems that flared being the main reason for pulling out? Air fare being so expensive now(more so in Canada) making west coast sailing very attractive to Western Canada .

Our many many cruises were on the Vision out of San Pedro...that size ship was perfect for the west coast..we didn't need a Mariner..RCI should have left well enough alone...What really hurt us besides the perceived (it's everywhere even in the caribbean) violence was the H1N1 in Mexico.