MS Zuiderdam Sail Away November 7, 2014

aliaschief

One has to wonder about these medical's right before sailing. Are the folks to frail for the Muster Drill or is it a combination of travel, embarkation that catches up with them.

I have seen a lot of folks really struggling at Muster with prolonged standing.

Edited by aliaschief

Just now disembarked the Zuiderdam after a charity luncheon for Seafarer's House followed by an awards ceremony in the theater. Passengers were going up the gangway as we were going down.

And you left the ship? I'd find someplace to hide.

Could be any of those reasons. I would think if they were just overwhelmed from travel that sitting down and having something cool to drink might help. But, another reason to fly in the day before so that you are well rested.

One has to wonder about these medical's right before sailing. Are the folks to frail for the Muster Drill or is it a combination of travel, embarkation that catches up with them.

I have seen a lot of folks really struggling at Muster with prolonged standing.

Me too, Chief. But I do wonder if it's the anticipation piled up on the travel that causes so many. Seems like a lot of medicals on embarkation day, both from watching here and from first-hand experience (not a medical of my own but being aboard ship and seeing a medical happen.)

Me too, Chief. But I do wonder if it's the anticipation piled up on the travel that causes so many. Seems like a lot of medicals on embarkation day, both from watching here and from first-hand experience (not a medical of my own but being aboard ship and seeing a medical happen.)

We often wonder how some of the pax's could even make it to the ship. Bless them but when we get to that point our cruising days will be over.