MTD reservations on Freedom

jewel825

This may sound like a dumb question because it probably is but how the heck do you make reservations for MTD? I've always done traditional so this is new to me. I've heard people on here talk about reserving the same time every night in advance well before you even leave on the cruise. Where/how do you do that? When I go into my reservation online, it gives an option to add dining but when i click on it, it tells me no reservations are available at this time. I think I'm doing something wrong!

Our cruise is in April on the Freedom. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

This may sound like a dumb question because it probably is but how the heck do you make reservations for MTD? I've always done traditional so this is new to me. I've heard people on here talk about reserving the same time every night in advance well before you even leave on the cruise. Where/how do you do that? When I go into my reservation online, it gives an option to add dining but when i click on it, it tells me no reservations are available at this time. I think I'm doing something wrong!

Our cruise is in April on the Freedom. Any suggestions are welcome. :)

The Cruise Planner is the right place. It might be too early for dining reservations.

You know, you don't NEED reservations...you can just show up...or make reservations daily, if you know what time you want....

And yes...it could be too early..and they do block out the most popular time for booking on the ship.

The hostesses were outside the restaurant throughout the day taking reservations when I was on board in October. That said I didn't book as I like MTD so I can eat when I'm ready. I just turned up and always got a table for one with the same waiters, and only waited for a couple of minutes once while they got the table ready. I was generally going around 7- 7.30, so I could be finished in plenty of time for the 9pm show, and I did notice there seemed to be long queues as I was leaving, so it maybe gets busier after 8pm.

We had MTD on the Freedom in Oct.

We made reservations on the web site for the entire week...

On day one we decided to check at the my time desk and they had no

record of any of our reservations. They were happy to take reservations for the entire week then. In the future we plan to just make the reservations

when we board

You know, you don't NEED reservations...you can just show up...or make reservations daily, if you know what time you want....

And yes...it could be too early..and they do block out the most popular time for booking on the ship.

I know I don't need to book ahead but I really liked the same time/place to meet up with our group. I tried for traditional early seating when I booked my cruise but it was already sold out.

The hostesses were outside the restaurant throughout the day taking reservations when I was on board in October. That said I didn't book as I like MTD so I can eat when I'm ready. I just turned up and always got a table for one with the same waiters, and only waited for a couple of minutes once while they got the table ready. I was generally going around 7- 7.30, so I could be finished in plenty of time for the 9pm show, and I did notice there seemed to be long queues as I was leaving, so it maybe gets busier after 8pm.

I love the idea of being able to show up when you're hungry but it seems like on previous cruises there were always long lines of people waiting to get it when we would zip right by everyone to our assigned table in traditional dining. We like to go early too because my kids like to do the kids activities in the evening after dinner.

We had MTD on the Freedom in Oct.

We made reservations on the web site for the entire week...

On day one we decided to check at the my time desk and they had no

record of any of our reservations. They were happy to take reservations for the entire week then. In the future we plan to just make the reservations

when we board

That's awesome - I will definitely go there right away and schedule for the week. I would like to have some type of reservation set up right away so we aren't all undecided when it's time for dinner.

Be aware that the most popular times (6-7:30) tend to fill and then they block them out from reservations as you get closer.

We book late (well after final) and we are never able to get the 6:30 preferred time we like. So we go when on board. The last 3 times, we have been told that they cannot accommodate reservations for that slot and we just have to arrive and hope for the best. Not going to work with my mom (who cannot stand for long periods) and my 12 year old when he's hungry.

We contacted the diamond concierge and he was able to secure us the same time each night. We only waited a few minutes to get into our preferred dining team's area each night. We like having the same waiters, but we don't want to eat as early as the first seating, nor as late as the second seating. So this works out for us.

I know I don't need to book ahead but I really liked the same time/place to meet up with our group. I tried for traditional early seating when I booked my cruise but it was already sold out.

Have you been put on the waitlist for Early dining? If not, ask to be waitlisted...many times you are able to change to your preferred dining time.

Just keep checking it, it should open up online 3-4 months out give or take. I had MTD on FOS on May and we were always seated in the same general area with the same servers. We didn't specifically request that, they did it automatically. We booked a standing reservation for 7:15 because that was the earliest we could get online at the time. However, there were always a bunch of empty tables when we arrived so we probably could have changed it to be a bit earlier without issue.

Be aware that the most popular times (6-7:30) tend to fill and then they block them out from reservations as you get closer.

We book late (well after final) and we are never able to get the 6:30 preferred time we like. So we go when on board. The last 3 times, we have been told that they cannot accommodate reservations for that slot and we just have to arrive and hope for the best. Not going to work with my mom (who cannot stand for long periods) and my 12 year old when he's hungry.

We contacted the diamond concierge and he was able to secure us the same time each night. We only waited a few minutes to get into our preferred dining team's area each night. We like having the same waiters, but we don't want to eat as early as the first seating, nor as late as the second seating. So this works out for us.

Well crud - how do I get some kind of reservation that works for us if I can't get into traditional dining and I can't book it online?

Have you been put on the waitlist for Early dining? If not, ask to be waitlisted...many times you are able to change to your preferred dining time.

No, I asked for that and I was told they weren't taking waitlists. Maybe bad info I was given?

Just keep checking it, it should open up online 3-4 months out give or take. I had MTD on FOS on May and we were always seated in the same general area with the same servers. We didn't specifically request that, they did it automatically. We booked a standing reservation for 7:15 because that was the earliest we could get online at the time. However, there were always a bunch of empty tables when we arrived so we probably could have changed it to be a bit earlier without issue.

That's good to know. I'm going to think positive that we will be able to get what we want. I was kind of hoping they were switching over to Dynamic Dining for something different but it looks like it won't be until sometime after our cruise - if at all.

No, I asked for that and I was told they weren't taking waitlists. Maybe bad info I was given?

Not necesarily bad into. Sometimes the waitlist is so large that they stop adding to it.

Sometimes they do close the wait list. Due to cancelations or TA holds, the situation may evolve, so sometimes they re-open the wait list. So call once in a while and ask.