Guaranteed room close to a room that was picked?

maprn

We booked a guaranteed OV room during the Halloween sale and now we have family that has decided to join us on this cruise. They booked under a different sale and were able to pick their room. If we link the bookings together, is there a chance our guaranteed OV will be close to theirs? Not that it is a big deal either way but closer together would be nice instead of multiple floors apart! :)

There is always a chance. I have read posts of families booking 2 guarantee rooms as in Mom and minor child in one room and Dad and other minor child in another room and been assigned rooms in different decks and opposite ends of the ship. I have also read about friends that linked their to guarantee bookings and been assigned side by side. The issue with guarantee bookings is you have no recourse with your assigned cabin. You get what you get. Good luck.

We had 5 cabins booked that we picked in our group and the stragglers got a guarantee-- they ended up on the same deck, pretty close to a couple of us (we scattered down one hallway). Sometimes it works out, but I wouldn't bank on it

linking reservations work for dining times so you can seat together. We booked multiple cabins as guarantees. We were all over the place. Some were forward some were aft same deck though.

I would not count on it. you can meet up at elevators etc. during the cruise

Thanks everyone! I didn't think it would help much to link them as far as the proximity of the room but we will link them for dining purposes. We will be on the Elation in February. We were just on the Dream in October and that would have been a problem! Wow is that a big ship!!! :) Just happy that we will be cruising together!!!

Which ship?

Fantasy class have 4 decks of OV cabins, Spirit class have one deck, Conquest class and similar have two decks.

AChance.jpeg

As Sadie said it will depend on the ship, if all the OVs are on one deck but a block toards the bow and a block towards the stern on both port and starboard you have 1 in 4, if there are two decks with a similar set up it's 1 in 8 look at the deckplan for your ship and you can work out the odds of being in the same block.

We recently changed our selected OV deluxe cabins to two balcony guarantee cabins on the Dream (sailing Nov 30), traveling with another adult couple and our reservations were linked. A couple of weeks ago when we received our cabin assignments we were amazed to find out that we can not only side by side cabins, but CONNECTING balcony cabins on the upper deck!

During the Halloween sale we booked two inside guarantee cabins for a cruise with the kids (also on the Dream, sailing March 1), putting one adult in each cabin and linked the reservations. We are hopeful for cabins that are close to one another, but understand that is not a given. From what Carnival has told me and what my TA told me, they do their best to place cabins that are linked as close as they can. It all depends on what cabins they have available at the time. We are not expecting connecting cabins, hopeful that we will be somewhat close, but not going to be mad if we are separated front to back and up and down. For $204 we felt it was worth the gamble and we will be happy no matter what :)

Just did something similar (my parents and about 8 other bookings were on the lido deck so we were hoping we'd get a room close to theirs...) they ended up giving us a room on the upper deck (not bad for $198 for a 7-day cruise) and the only reason they did that was because the other higher decks were completely booked (yes I called and asked)...so hopefully that circumstance doesn't play a role in your room being picked. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by LEXIpoo