San Francisco Hotels 18 September

berylmorris

Yes - Oracle Open World Conference starts on the 19th so that would take a lot of hotel rooms, plus Sept and Oct are the best times to come to SF.

Try Hotels down the peninsula by airport or I can give you some smaller sized hotel names not downtown or Fishermans Wharf. but you would need transportation.

Busiest time of the year in SF and the best weather. That's why conventions are scheduled for that time in The City.

The hot temps in the Calif Central Valley (often 100+ degrees) pull in the ocean dampness and fog during the summer months. That's why, in SF, you need sweaters and sweatshirts in the summer.

Then, when the Central Valley temps get back to normal, fog and dampness leave The City, and the weather is great. Blue skies, warm temps, picnics in the park. Early Sept thru mid-Nov are the best times (weather-wise) to visit The City.

Once you know this, you know why people book 6-8-10 months in advance for SF during that time of year. You may need to plan your stay near the airport, maybe Marin, or there are some nice places to stay in the East Bay with good subway (BART) connections. BART also runs to the airport.

Thanks everyone for your information. Yippee, we picked the best time! Pure luck - going on Dawn Princess out of SF on 21 September. We actually have a booking at the Hyatt Regency for three nights (Priceline @ $80.00) - glad we booked a long time ago and I was just curious as to why everything I looked at was booked out.

Archived