Los Angeles dock

EtherlyCC

Please could somebody help. Looking at a cruise that finishes in Los Angeles and then going to fly to Las Vegas for a few days. I need to know where the ship would dock in LA so I know how long it will take us to get to LAX for a flight.

Thanks in advance

Etherlycc

Please could somebody help. Looking at a cruise that finishes in Los Angeles and then going to fly to Las Vegas for a few days. I need to know where the ship would dock in LA so I know how long it will take us to get to LAX for a flight.

Thanks in advance

Etherlycc

http://www.portoflosangeles.org/recreation/cruises.asp

A taxi is about 30 minutes (depending on traffic) and around $70.

Thanks in advance

Etherlycc

I was told to assume that a taxi from Long Beach or San Pedro will take up an hour depending on day and traffic.

Why not try to use a independent shuttle to get to LAX. Definitely cheaper than a taxi. Link is attached.

http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/

Edited by Kamloops50

The day of the week you arrive, as stated, is very important. Shuttles usually stop to get others and there are several places for ships to come in at San Pedro. We have been 1 1/2 hours to/from LAX. If you are on a time crunch, might want to consider Uber or taxi. You would have to be sure the Uber vehicle could handle your luggage. I believe you need an app for Uber. Great addition to your cruise, Las Vegas! :D

Would it make sense for them to consider flying out of Long Beach or even SNA?

That's a good point. Long Beach airport is not that far from the port. We looked into LGB, but could not find any airlines that serviced our home airport. Much more to choose from at SNA, though SNA is farther from San Pedro than LAX.

We normally fly between where we live and LAX to catch our cruises out of San Pedro. That is where both Royal Caribbean and Princess sail from and to.

When flying, we try to find a flight that will leave LAX sometime between noon and 1 PM.

We use both Super Shuttle, and PrimeTime Shuttle. We find PrimeTime Shuttle to have the best price, and normally no more than a 40 to 45 minute drive between the pier and LAX.

Rick