sailaway / solstice

nodandade

I'll be sailing on Solstice in a few months. I know where I'll be for sail away party/drinks ..... at the Sunset bar on deck 15.

Check to see if there's a roll call for your cruise (if you're interested) and find out where the CC roll call members are meeting for sail away and join them.

even though we have balconies,just wanted to know where the best spot would be for 6 of us to sit (with table ) at the stern of the solstice sailing out of Sydney harbour.

YES, for the Sunset Bar area on this great sail away and for being at this location on other port departures during this scenic Sydney to Auckland cruise. As noted in the live/blog below, we got off of the Solstice in February. Check out the postings below on my live/blog for more info/background on these many different ports, tour options, visuals, etc.! Happy to answer any questions. Just go the live/blog, post there and I will be happy to respond and share more.

Below is some photographic "proof" or evidence for the why on this Solstice location being best. The "action" is on BOTH sides!!! Your balcony will only provide half or less of the views.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 85,097 views for this posting.

As the Solstice starts its sail-away, here is that view from the top, back of the ship. Lots and lots of super great memories from Sydney during our only two-and-a-half days there.:

SydneyDepartSolstice8_zps23c0abd6.jpg

Here is one of our Cruise Critic group, Mike from Miami, capturing some other Cruise Critic group (good folks from Kansas and South Carolina) during our spectacular sail-away party at the Sunset Bar on the magical 15th level of the Solstice. Such a wonderful location to soak up the spectacular sights during this sail-away.:

SydneyDepartSolstice9_zps1cd6db7a.jpg

As we sailed away on the Solstice, here is a nice view for one of their key government official’s residence. It is just the Prime Minister’s home and entertaining place that is used part of the time at this super scenic point in this world-class harbor setting. He didn’t invite me over during our visit. It is in an area call Kirribilli. This house looks big enough to fit all of my junk and needs! The Aussie PM also gets a nice home, called The Lodge, in their national capital of Canberra.:

SydneyDepartSolstice3_zpscd5339b4.jpg

Actually Terry - that last picture (which is beautiful, by the way) is of Admiralty House - the Sydney residence of the Governor General (the Queen's representative in Australia). The Prime Minister's residence in Sydney, Kirribili House, is just next door. They both have their main official residence in Canberra.

The nice thing about the S-Class Ships is they have lots of wonderful outdoor venues to stand / sit & take in the scenery... But ya that double decker back decks on 14 (Oceanview Cafe) and 15 (Sunset Bar) are hard to beat when the weather is great. You can watch the wake tail off behind the ship as your Port disappears into the horizon.

Cheers!