coming back

singelsethc

we've done Crown and Ruby now we've booked for Regal on Nov 8th for next year. hopefully they have not changed the things we love. ship looks gorgeous. I am a vegetarian and thought the options were best, they appeal to a more diversified palatte. I can't deal with chicken fingers or mac n cheese, and if I have to eat mac n cheese ona cruise ship why did I pay for it?

just got home from NCL on the Getaway..hated it.

we've done Crown and Ruby now we've booked for Regal on Nov 8th for next year. hopefully they have not changed the things we love. ship looks gorgeous. I am a vegetarian and thought the options were best, they appeal to a more diversified palatte. I can't deal with chicken fingers or mac n cheese, and if I have to eat mac n cheese ona cruise ship why did I pay for it?

just got home from NCL on the Getaway..hated it.

Stay off the Star Princess aka the Sausage Ship, it's not vegan friendly.

I am a vegetarian and thought the options were best, they appeal to a more diversified palatte. I can't deal with chicken fingers or mac n cheese, and if I have to eat mac n cheese ona cruise ship why did I pay for it?

Why would you have to eat mac and cheese? As far as I know, no one carries a gun around forcing people to eat anything. :rolleyes:

It depends on what you liked on the Ruby and Crown so comments are hard to make. The Regal/Royal are quite a bit different from the two older ships. The HC buffet lines are laid out quite different and thousand times better with more choices along with a large seating area. There is the sea walk on the lido deck that actually goes out over the water with a glass floor so you can see down the side of the ship. One side has a bar while the other side is for viewing only. There is a new pizza restaurant on deck 7 and besides being rather nice is free. There are two types of balcony cabins now with the deluxe version having a small love sofa in the cabin. The piaza is much larger with acts going on most of the time. The IC is still there as is Vines. However the Regal and Royal are new completely redesigned ships.

The Royal has a large buffet area with lots of selections and what appears to be many vegetable and salad selections. In the MDR's you can always order vegtable meals. When you have a selective diet it is easier to dine each evening in the MDR with traditional dining, same time, same table and waiter each evening. In that way you can order a day in advance and they will have your dinner prepared for you. I've seen it done many times over the years. The International Cafe also has a selection of salads, and they always have tomato/mozeralla paninis. Other dining areas include Alfredo's, where you can get a personal pizza prepared w/o meat as well as salads. On the Lido deck there is the Grill that serves fries as well as a garden burger. Prego Pizza also has cheese pizza by the slice each day, and on some days pizza with non meat toppings. Hope this information is helpful.