Gem Renovations

pixiedustdawn

I didn't realize I was doing anything wrong. Pixiedustdawn knows that we spoke and I apologized about them, even offered to take them down. I just got over excited. Wasn't my intent at all. Sorry!

No problem, wish you would have enlarged them so everyone can see.

Dawn :)

No problem, wish you would have enlarged them so everyone can see.

Dawn :)

This is amazing! Thank you! Thank you! I do wish they were enlarged but this works.. Pure excitement.. We are on the NY cruise to San Juan next October..

This is going to be a huge change from before.. Very excited..

I didn't realize I was doing anything wrong. Pixiedustdawn knows that we spoke and I apologized about them, even offered to take them down. I just got over excited. Wasn't my intent at all. Sorry!

Thanks for owning up to that. It is easy to get excited about our girl! --

Connie

I watched the Gem sailaway to Freeport via the Port and Harbor cams, and it was kind of eerie seeing no passengers lining the rails for the cruise down the Hudson. Did see what looked like a lot of material for the renovations out on the promenade.....

Doing from my phone so it's hard to get them enlarged. [ATTACH]367484[/ATTACH][ATTACH]367485[/ATTACH][ATTACH]367486[/ATTACH][ATTACH]367487[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the pics. May be reason enough to book the Gem next year. DW & I cruised the Gem this past April and I have to say it was not the best. Majority of the crew seemed unhappy. The weather was awful too, but you can't control that (not yet) :D

I am getting a little stressed out with the negative reviews in regards to our upcoming cruise on the Star:eek:. Keeping fingers and toes crossed.

Thanks for the pictures.

Getting so excited...we're sailing on her next Friday.

I've been nervous about being the first sailing after dry dock. It seems like they're doing a lot of work in two weeks. It's amazing what they can do in a short period of time.

It is so amazing to me how they maintain these ships.. We have what is called a runabout.. 21 foot boat for play on the bay.. You cannot imagine what saltwater does in days.. To keep even our little boat in shape we have a routine at the end of everyday, cleaning, flushing, scrubbing.. So it astonishes me when we cruise at the 24 hour care, paint, wash.. Saltwater is a beast lol

Thanks for the pics. May be reason enough to book the Gem next year. DW & I cruised the Gem this past April and I have to say it was not the best. Majority of the crew seemed unhappy. The weather was awful too, but you can't control that (not yet) :D

I am getting a little stressed out with the negative reviews in regards to our upcoming cruise on the Star:eek:. Keeping fingers and toes crossed.

Hi Mike, book in May with the rest of us 21st. Say Hi to Pat from us

hope all is well with you guys and that you had a good summer

Marion and Ben