Gem Renovations

pixiedustdawn

Again, how does one make a cappuccino with this machine?

Harriet

There's no way to make cappuccino with these machines. Only espresso. For espresso they're OK. Lavazza is not only better machined it's better coffee. I am guessing price is a factor. The nespresso machines are less expensive. The coffee is also less expensive. Just a guess though.

Poor Carlos has been running around like a chicken without a head. It's exhausting just to watch. I will try to find out when he goes on vacation.

There's no way to make cappuccino with these machines. Only espresso. For espresso they're OK. Lavazza is not only better machined it's better coffee. I am guessing price is a factor. The nespresso machines are less expensive. The coffee is also less expensive. Just a guess though.

Poor Carlos has been running around like a chicken without a head. It's exhausting just to watch. I will try to find out when he goes on vacation.

Hate to say it.....but:

1. NCL saves money replacing with a machine like this

2. NCL makes money replacing with a machine like this since now we must purchase cappuccino when in the past we could make our own.

I happen to love a cappuccino in the morning - even before I go down for breakfast!

There is an added part that can be purchased (it's included if one purchases the coffee machine in the 'Bundle'. It plugs in and froths and heats up the milk for the cappuccino. Works very well, actually, especially with skin milk or 1 o 2% milk. We have the 'Bundle' on our boat, in the county in the galley.

https://www.nespresso.com/us/en/order/accessories/vertuo/milk-frother-aeroccino

Harriet

Forgot to send the photo!

Aeroccino.jpg.b75fa2c798ccad59db0044bf27cfbd52.jpg

Harriet

Hate to say it.....but:

1. NCL saves money replacing with a machine like this

2. NCL makes money replacing with a machine like this since now we must purchase cappuccino when in the past we could make our own.

I happen to love a cappuccino in the morning - even before I go down for breakfast!

There is an added part that can be purchased (it's included if one purchases the coffee machine in the 'Bundle'. It plugs in and froths and heats up the milk for the cappuccino. Works very well, actually, especially with skin milk or 1 o 2% milk. We have the 'Bundle' on our boat, in the county in the galley.

https://www.nespresso.com/us/en/order/accessories/vertuo/milk-frother-aeroccino

Harriet

The table and chairs are really outdated and hopefully they will be replaced.

Beyond outdated. Totally tacky. But then again, there are those garish curtains... :)

Many thanks to those posting picture and information, much appreciated! We'll be on the Gem in February (for the third time) and are looking forward to seeing the changes.

Again, how does one make a cappuccino with this machine?

Harriet

If you have one of these, you are probably in a suite and can probably ask you butler.

I am sure he will get you whatever you may need.

I personally do not drink any kind of coffee so would not have checked for that.

Have a question about the pictures. In the last picture in the top row, is that the Haven sundeck? It looks as if they built some type of cabanas or sunshade along the railing. Is that what it is? If so, what a great idea! I love being up there, but most times there's no shade and it's often too windy for an umbrella.

Again, thanks for posting all these pictures. Really enjoying them and appreciate the preview as we wouldn't be on her until February.

Have a question about the pictures. In the last picture in the top row, is that the Haven sundeck? It looks as if they built some type of cabanas or sunshade along the railing. Is that what it is? If so, what a great idea! I love being up there, but most times there's no shade and it's often too windy for an umbrella.

Again, thanks for posting all these pictures. Really enjoying them and appreciate the preview as we wouldn't be on her until February.

Yes!!! With what I think was little fridges inside of them!

Poor Guy, not for a while, he just got back from his vacation

please tell him Marion ad Ben said Hello

We were on the Gem in October, VERY big difference. Looks great. We are going back in July to the same room. love the new carpet and refresh and the new coffee machine. We were on Hapag/Lloyd and they had them in the rooms. Very nice. Also like the microwave now on the back bar, handy. Bliss looks really great along with the lobby. The new water slide will be a big hit with the grandkids. I hope they fixed the things that did not work in the room along with the nonworking door locks. Also the dome, AC, and misting did not work in the haven pool area, hope its fixed. Haven sun deck looks great. Wonder if they put the caban on the Garden Villa room too, it really was hot up there. Thanks for all the info and pictures!!!!!

Edited by hypercafe

Enjoying all the pictures! We've been on the Gem many times and I really thought I knew every inch of her. But, I can't place some of the areas in the pictures. So, either I've still never seen some places on the Gem or the changes are so drastic that I don't even recognize the area! LOL!

Loving it and can't wait for more pictures and to see it in person. Will definitely been exploring the ship again!