Anyone on the Epic right now???

IdRatherBCruisin

I believe the Epic left Miami yesterday for its first cruise on this side of the pond to the Caribbean. Anyone on the ship? I am excited to see the dailies and hear opinions on this itinerary.

Thanks!!!! 27 days and counting!!

We're a week after you :) I'm hopeful that some of the current cruisers will come back with stories and fun to share!

Unfortunately (or should I say fortunately :D) I leave on the Epic on Sunday, so I will miss any postings once the current cruisers return.

We leave on her the week after you. Exciting that it's this close, isn't it?

Just came across from the 14 night transatlantic on the Epic. Was in the Haven and one word expresses it all. Outstanding. She is a beautiful ship, you should enjoy it.

Just came across from the 14 night transatlantic on the Epic. Was in the Haven and one word expresses it all. Outstanding. She is a beautiful ship, you should enjoy it.

Welcome back!! Glad to read it was a grand time onboard. :)

My 6th (and final :() Norwegian EPIC sailing will be in February, and I really look forward to it yet again.

Welcome back!! Glad to read it was a grand time onboard. :)

My 6th (and final :() Norwegian EPIC sailing will be in February, and I really look forward to it yet again.

I have my eye on an 11-12 night Canary Islands sailing sometime in the future. Yes, airfare is a challenge, but one of the alternatives for me is a 12-night Southern Caribbean on Breakaway. The price of that cruise is so high (for a studio, anyway) that it might be cheaper to pay the higher airfare. So, never say never, right! :p

I believe the Epic left Miami yesterday for its first cruise on this side of the pond to the Caribbean. Anyone on the ship? I am excited to see the dailies and hear opinions on this itinerary.

Thanks!!!! 27 days and counting!!

We were on the Epic in 2012 in the Caribbean(Eastern Caribbean itinerary out of Miami) so technically it isn't it's "first cruise on this side of the pond to the Caribbean." ;)

Should have said first after being in Europe all summer. How did you like the ship?

You know, it was our first cruise ever so nothing to compare to, but we loved it. There was plenty to do as far as entertainment.(Loved the Blue Man Group) and also the Nickelodeon for the kids was also great. The ice bar was cool. But one of those things that you do once and then "you did it" so that is that. The kids(and me also) loved the water slides. It's a nice ship(Big) and would probably sail her again someday.

You know, it was our first cruise ever so nothing to compare to, but we loved it. There was plenty to do as far as entertainment.(Loved the Blue Man Group) and also the Nickelodeon for the kids was also great. The ice bar was cool. But one of those things that you do once and then "you did it" so that is that. The kids(and me also) loved the water slides. It's a nice ship(Big) and would probably sail her again someday.

Your first sentence made me feel a lot more comfortable. I am not so much worried for myself and DH but rather for our friends who will be taking their first cruise ever. I think first impressions of cruising is so important...I have known people who had a bad first experience and would never go again. I myself have been on enough cruises to know there is always a little bad; but every time out on the water is good regardless :)

I, too, just got off of the 14 day TransAtlantic sailing. The Epic is in fine form with an amazing crew onboard right now. I know a few people who did a b2b and are currently on the ship right now. In fact, one just posted (on another unmentionable site) about how much she loved Jamaica:D

Have a great cruise on my favourite ship. I will really miss her when she leaves us for Europe