Crown Princess arrival in San Pedro delayed 24 hours

IECalCruiser

I wondered about that, as well as per diem gratuities for the staff.

I can't answer about the drink packages. We did pay an additional day auto gratuities / "hotel charge". After all, the crew still did their work and took great care of us.

Edited by hpeabody

I hope they did not charge for the extra beverage day, but did charge for the extra gratuities. The staff works hard and deserves it.

I can't answer about the drink packages. We did pay an additional day auto gratuities / "hotel charge". After all, the crew still did their work and took great care of us.

So glad that they took care of the crew & staff. Like both of you state, "They work hard and deserve the gratuities." I have never been on a cruise where we weren't well taken care of and we do appreciate their efforts.

We board on Saturday and just got an email ftom Princess that boarding will be delayed due to continued norovirus cases on current sailing. Ship won't leave until at least 10:00 pm. They will do another deep cleaning - including the terminal.

I think they are charging us for six.

Hopefully they will get rid of the norovirus. I am taking a conservative approach. I don't care to get it in the last 36 hours or so.

The Captain made ANOTHER announcement, on the PA that includes the cabins, a summary was pretty please use the soap and sanitizers. I do not know how many people have it.

Edited by Wehwalt

anyone on board can tell me what day did you get to puerto vallarta, i am on next trip looking for info. thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I believe Puerto Vallarta was skipped on the current cruise. It is a day short since the ship was aver 24 hours late arriving from Papette.

I didn't mean to imply that staff shouldn't be tipped for the extra day at sea. I was just wondering if Princess would cover it for goodwill purposes.

Edited by Ryndam2002
spelling

Well, off in the morning and the next batch of Petri dishes can come aboard. I will spend the night in Marina del Rey and fly home Sunday night. I'll do a lot of wandering in Venice and Santa Monica before back to real life.

Hope you managed to have a decent cruise despite the problems. At least the rain we had yesterday has moved on, so you should get decent weather here in SoCal for your wandering.

Hope you managed to have a decent cruise despite the problems. At least the rain we had yesterday has moved on, so you should get decent weather here in SoCal for your wandering.

Thunder and lightning and everything! Weather today was beautiful.

If I remember correctly, while the cleaning was being done on turnaround day, a large number of new passengers along with continuing passengers were crowded into a nearby port building.

I suspect there was a high chance of at least one person entering that building having noro (and probably not showing symptoms yet) and spreading it others in that very crowded environment. All the cleaning on the ship means nothing if boarding passengers bring it on board again.

Any by the way, the CDC says noro can be passed on for up to ten days after all symptoms are gone. Princess and other cruise lines do not quarantine passengers after symptoms have been gone for only one day.

My DH had symptoms for only one day but was quarantined for 3 (got out on the evening of the 3rd. day)

i also got hit by the virus three days before we got to los angeles. Missed the lat meal with everyone, but did get out later that night. I was only really sick for 6 hours, then it was curling up in bed and watching t.v., reading, and taking naps. I read an article today that stated that 21 million people get the norovirus each year and only 1000 of these are on cruise ships. The news media is making this a much bigger deal than is necessary and i for one am very sorry because you know it will damage the cruise industry. You notice they never mentioned the $1 million princess spent to save the live of a crew member! I had a wonderful cruise, snorkeled in the rain and saw amazing sights. I wouldn't trade this trip for anything.

agree!!!

I would guess they would try to get you guys off quickly and then really sanitize the ship. Probably another late boarding and sailaway

A group of people still sick on disembarkation day stated that they were confined to their cabins and did not get off the ship until 2pm, which is AFTER most of us got off!

Well, the Morbus Princess (formerly the Crown) is headed for her berth.

The Captain did another of his blasts into the cabins and told us the number of new cases had dropped overnight (Thursday night). He did give specific numbers, that seemed very low though I do not remember them.

I do feel that the continued outbreak and how it was handled negatively impacted the cruise. Rather than engage in "feel lucky to be at sea", I shall leave it at that and submit a scathing survey. If I'm out of line, they can hit the delete button.

Looking at the bill, we were charged six days of autotip. We were credited $2.84 for missing Puerto Vallarta, in addition to the previously announced $50.

I'm just trying to figure out what the $25 credit for IN TRANSIT LUNCH is. Since it moved me from the red into the black (I cashed in all my credit very early on), I'm not complaining.

I think there were less cases because people did not let the medical center know they had it because they knew they would be quarantined. Dh had it. I did not. If u are boarding be diligent in preventive measures. On ship now waiting to disembark. Decent cruise but strangest one we ever went one due to all the factors we had. Crew mostly all pleasant. Captain very good. Looking forward to next one. Blame most of noro on us passengers and not doing as should to avoid spread. Maybe someone can answer this. I drank and dh did not. Would that have any effect on the noro cooties?

I think there were less cases because people did not let the medical center know they had it because they knew they would be quarantined. Dh had it. I did not. If u are boarding be diligent in preventive measures. On ship now waiting to disembark. Decent cruise but strangest one we ever went one due to all the factors we had. Crew mostly all pleasant. Captain very good. Looking forward to next one. Blame most of noro on us passengers and not doing as should to avoid spread. Maybe someone can answer this. I drank and dh did not. Would that have any effect on the noro cooties?

Congratulations on your deliverance from the plague. I will have stories to tell in future. Aside from the survey which I intend to be scathing I intend to leave it at that.

Edited by Wehwalt

I'm just trying to figure out what the $25 credit for IN TRANSIT LUNCH is. Since it moved me from the red into the black (I cashed in all my credit very early on), I'm not complaining.

Did you have delayed boarding? If so, that may be to compensate you for not having lunch on the ship embarkation day.