Just sharing

krazy4kruisin

I share in your excitement but we will cruise behind you in June. Cruise and flight to Seattle is all booked too. This will be our first cruise to Alaska and also our first on HAL (Westerdam). Have always gone to the Caribbean on CCL so we are pretty excited about this cruise. Congrats on your cruise, it will be here before we know it!

The Stars have all allined in our favor for this cruise, We got fabulous rate for a balcony, OBC's, free airfare with points and free hotel in a swanky hotel pre cruise

from credit card points :) We are meant to go on this cruise. We are going to splurge on everything else!

So, I have our first cruise to Alaska booked for May 2, I just purchased airfare to Seattle today all with points. I know that some of my fellow CC family will understand my excitement. Will be booking a hotel room soon. Just had to share

my excitement.

Well done. And I like that you said your "first" cruise - no one ever does Alaska just once! It is a wonderful cruise experience.:)

So, I have our first cruise to Alaska booked for May 2, I just purchased airfare to Seattle today all with points. I know that some of my fellow CC family will understand my excitement. Will be booking a hotel room soon. Just had to share

my excitement.

Here is a link to our scanned On Locations (Daily Activities) from the Westerdam Alaska 2014 to give you an idea of what daily life is aboard:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=1643

I just did the 14 day round-trip cruise out of Seattle on MS Amsterdam this past August. 3rd trip to Alaska and still found new things to enjoy.

I hope you have allowed time to see a bit of what Seattle has to offer. My overall favorite was the Chihuly exhibit and garden next to the Space Needle. See it at night if you can.

If your cruise visits Victoria, do visit Butchart Gardens. Just beautiful!

Whatever you do, enjoy the planning, the anticipation and the journey. You will want to do it again!

We did the same in August a few years back and BY FAR OUR BEST EXPERIENCE to date. We stayed at the inn at the market, ( a bit spendier) but would do it again in a heartbeat. To sit on their roof top patio watching the sunset with a glass of wine and good company was the start to an amazing trip. Have a blast it will be one you won't soon forget.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on the westerdam to Alaska last week of June this year. It was a fabulous cruise. Booked a whale watching excursion through Hal and Als whale watching. Saw tons of Orcas and Humpbacks and even got to see the Humpbacks bubble feeding about 10 times. Definitely planning on going back again. Enjoy your cruise!

I've done the Alaska cruise out of Seattle in early May twice, once on Amsterdam and once on Westerdam. Its a very nice cruise and I'm sure you will really enjoy it. The one thing I would advise is to make sure you pack warm clothes and rain gear. It seems like the weather is quite unpredictable in early May and between the two cruises we experienced everything from a sunny, cloudless, 74 degree day in Glacier bay to continuous heavy rain in Juneau and Ketchikan, sunny and 60s in Sitka, and snow, sleet, rain and wind all day in Glacier Bay. Sea days can also be pretty chilly. Its difficult to pack for the varying weather you're likely to experience. I recommend a layering strategy.

Most of all, enjoy your cruise!

Edited by jaguarstyper

I just did the 14 day round-trip cruise out of Seattle on MS Amsterdam this past August. 3rd trip to Alaska and still found new things to enjoy.

I hope you have allowed time to see a bit of what Seattle has to offer. My overall favorite was the Chihuly exhibit and garden next to the Space Needle. See it at night if you can.

If your cruise visits Victoria, do visit Butchart Gardens. Just beautiful!

Whatever you do, enjoy the planning, the anticipation and the journey. You will want to do it again!

We are flying in to Seattle the day before our cruise and also staying an extra day after our cruise before flying home. I know one thing on our list is having a meal in the space needle.

"We are flying in to Seattle the day before our cruise and also staying an extra day after our cruise before flying home. I know one thing on our list is having a meal in the space needle."

Remembering our time in the Space Needle, I want to be sure you are not disappointed. The only food venues I remember at the top of the Needle were the fast food variety. The actual restaurant is on a level only a couple of floors above ground. Someone from Seattle, please correct me if I am wrong.