Carnival Breeze - first time on Carnival

Laszlo

Hello

My wife and I have only sailed on NCL, we really like the 8 day itinerary of the Breeze September 2015. We would book a Cloud 9 balcony. I'm assuming Carnival is pretty much like NCL with the dining options and other things? What if any are the biggest differences between NCL and Carnival? We have sailed on the Breakaway which is the closest ship NCL has to the Breeze.

Thanks

the cabin size is a lot bigger on carnival compared to NCl.

Spa Balconies are uncovered.

I wanted the spa balcony on the splendor-- but it was the same price compared to the balcony on the empress and I could purchase the spa program.

carnival has one paid steak house

I honestly do not find a big difference between the two cruise lines. (really). Yes, of course, one may be better in one thing and the other better in something else, but they are very similar.

I have been on the Breakaway, but not the Breeze. Have read many good things about it and may try it some day. If you liked the Breakaway, I am sure you will like the Breeze.

Edited by champagne123
ccccc

A search here will come up with all kinds of opinions and facts on the differences.

What are things you are afraid of that Carnival will not have or is not good?

Not really afraid of anything LOL. We have always sailed for the itinerary and ease of getting to port and never for a ship. Three times out of NYC since its only a 90 minute drive. I've been watching video's about the Breeze and I think will book her

For us, the biggest difference is dining.

NCL pioneered the idea dining when you want, and they seem to have a better way of handling it.

NCL has more paid dining options.

CCL has a stricter dress code and "nicer" dress code. NCL always has a dining room available for those in nice shorts. "Dress up or not!"

I'm actually not looking forward to bringing pants for the teens for the steakhouse/elegant nights.

For us, the biggest difference is dining.

NCL pioneered the idea dining when you want, and they seem to have a better way of handling it.

I disagree. NCL may have pioneered the anytime dining but they do not handle it better.

For both lines, you have to line up to request a table. Your choice whether you want to share or get a table for your party size. Carnival will take your request to be seated at a certain waiter's table if there is one you had and like. NCL rotate their waitstaff and have no idea where they are in the dining so you can't request waitstaff of your choice.

Also, one time on NCL when we requested a table for 4, they sent us to a different dining room because we did not want to share. How is that better and handled well?

Hello

My wife and I have only sailed on NCL, we really like the 8 day itinerary of the Breeze September 2015. We would book a Cloud 9 balcony. I'm assuming Carnival is pretty much like NCL with the dining options and other things? What if any are the biggest differences between NCL and Carnival? We have sailed on the Breakaway which is the closest ship NCL has to the Breeze.

Thanks

They are more alike than they are different. You will love the Breeze. We have sailed on her for 3 cruises already and going on her again in January.

I disagree. NCL may have pioneered the anytime dining but they do not handle it better.

For both lines, you have to line up to request a table. Your choice whether you want to share or get a table for your party size. Carnival will take your request to be seated at a certain waiter's table if there is one you had and like. NCL rotate their waitstaff and have no idea where they are in the dining so you can't request waitstaff of your choice.

Also, one time on NCL when we requested a table for 4, they sent us to a different dining room because we did not want to share. How is that better and handled well?

You're welcome to disagree. NCL does permit you to request a waitstaff, they do not rotate daily. My family of 4 has never waited more than a few minutes, others have. Some have even waited on CCL, others have not. I wouldn't consider a "one time" happening to be the norm. I'd even go so far as to imagine people have waited for a table instead of sharing on CCL. Is that better or worse? It's a choice.

NCL gives a choice of dining rooms depending on how casual you want to dress.

We've been on NCL 3 times in the past 5 years, our experience has been consistent. YMMV

Thanks for all the info. We are a party of two and have only been asked twice if we wanted to dine with another couple on NCL because they ran out of 2 up settings. Its not a big deal, we enjoy meeting and talking to other people

We are a party of two and have only been asked twice if we wanted to dine with another couple on NCL because they ran out of 2 up settings. Its not a big deal, we enjoy meeting and talking to other people

Carnival Breeze is the line's newest and 'freshest' ship. Decor is unlike the earlier Vegas themed ships.

It has two water slides, a ropes course, mini-golf, adults-only Serenity area, hot tubs etc.

The Breeze by far has the most dining options of all Carnival ships.

Two main dining rooms: Blush & Sapphire. One is for Fixed Dining and the other is for Your Time Dining (Any Time). Menu is the same in both. MDRs are open for Dinner with set menus, for Brunch on Sea Days and breakfast on port days. Dinner menu changes every day, while the Breakfast and Brunch menu is the same.

Lido Buffet: open for B/L/D. Breakfast is the same every day, lunch menu is themed & rotating, dinner usually has a few items from the MDR.

Other than the buffet & MDR; the Breeze has these venues:

[1] The immensely popular Guy's Burgers (American)

[2] Blue Iguana Cantina (Mexican)

[3] The hidden gem 'Tandoor' (Indian)

[4] Mongolian Wok (Chinese)

[5] Cucina Del Capitano (Italian) - free for lunch/$15 for dinner

All of the above are free/included and only open in the afternoon/lunch.

In addition they have:

[6] Deli

[7] Pizza (24 hours)

[8] Hot Dog Stand (sea days)

[9] BBQ (sea days)

[10] Red Frog Pub (snacks)

[11] 24-hour room service.

The main paid venues are:

[12] The Steakhouse

[13] Bonsai Sushi

Explore the Breeze here:

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-breeze.aspx

Edited by hirent

Carnival Breeze is the line's newest and 'freshest' ship. Decor is unlike the earlier Vegas themed ships.

It has two water slides, a ropes course, mini-golf, adults-only Serenity area, hot tubs etc.

Two main dining rooms: Blush & Sapphire. One is for Fixed Dining and the other is for Your Time Dining (Any Time). Menu is the same in both. MDRs are open for Dinner with set menus, for Brunch on Sea Days and breakfast on port days. Dinner menu changes every day, while the Breakfast and Brunch menu is the same.

Lido Buffet: open for B/L/D. Breakfast is the same every day, lunch menu is themed & rotating, dinner usually has a few items from the MDR.

Other than the buffet & MDR; the Breeze has these venues:

[1] The immensely popular Guy's Burgers (American)

[2] Blue Iguana Cantina (Mexican)

[3] The hidden gem 'Tandoor' (Indian)

[4] Mongolian Wok (Chinese)

[5] Cucina Del Capitano (Italian) - free for lunch/$15 for dinner

All of the above are free/included and only open in the afternoon/lunch.

In addition they have:

[6] Deli

[7] Pizza (24 hours)

[8] Hot Dog Stand (sea days)

[9] BBQ (sea days)

[10] Red Frog Pub (snacks)

[11] 24-hour room service.

The main paid venues are:

[12] The Steakhouse

[13] Bonsai Sushi

Explore the Breeze here:

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-breeze.aspx

Excellent!

Thank you!

Excellent!

Thank you!

You are welcome!

Just to clarify; Breakfast and Brunch are not the same. They have different menus but the menus don't change.

For the onboard timings, check out any of the latest Breeze Fun Times (posted on CC by a lot of people).

Do you know which MDR is Fixed Dining? Thanks!

Do you know which MDR is Fixed Dining? Thanks!

Blush is at the aft, has the windows at the rear of the ship.

Sapphire is mid-ship.

AFAIK, Blush is Fixed Dining, Sapphire has both. (I could not edit my earlier post).

Though I'm sure Carnival or the onboard staff can change and allot according to the situation.

Edited by hirent

Blush is at the aft, has the windows at the rear of the ship.

Sapphire is mid-ship.

AFAIK, Blush is Fixed Dining, Sapphire has both. (I could not edit my earlier post).

Though I'm sure Carnival or the onboard staff can change and allot according to the situation.

Been on BR 2x. 3rd x coming in January. Sapphire DR is ATD on the lower level and set time dining upstairs. A BEAUTIFUL ship.

and I would book a spa balcony on the 11th deck, not the 12th. You do have to walk up a floor to get to the spa, but the balconies on 12 are not covered. On our last cruise it rained the whole week, so using the balcony was impossible, if it had been covered, we could have.