Buffet menus

Grammyluvs

They occasionally post the buffet menu, but is not consistent and not the norm. The last time I saw one it was on the wall near the exit area of the line.

Two years ago on the CB they did this every day. We would look at it then decide whether or not to go to the mdr. Hoping they still do this.

On the Royal last week no themes were printed in the Platter for lunch or dinner buffet in Horizon:(

On our last couple of cruises, on the Golden, any day that there was a poolside buffet, it would be listed in the Patter (there were Asian ones, Mexican ones, Dessert ones...on sea days only).

Two years ago on the CB they did this every day. We would look at it then decide whether or not to go to the mdr. Hoping they still do this.

I have seen the signs on some ships but mostly none now. I'm glad there are people who have also seen them because I have been called crazy for mentioning them.

Haven't you seen the folks who are just "perusing" the buffet area.....sometimes they'll just stand there and look at the food, they have no plate in hand, no intentions of getting any, they just want to look!

If you enjoy people watching, this is the most ideal area of the ship to do it. It's a riot, sometimes bordering on annoying but heck, I'm on a cruise, there's no way I'm going to starve.....I'll just enjoy the characters and their behavior on board! ;)

Edited by wizard-of-roz

What I meant to say is go in, take a look and then get out of the way! :p

I already know what to expect for breakfast and lunch, SAUSAGES cooked 5 different ways! The first part of the buffet includes 3-4 salads that one has never heard of. One of them was - you guessed it a sausage and pasta salad! They also come up with exotic names for these salads - none of which are appealing to me. Always 2-3 cauliflower dishes mostly steamed (which I like), but they are just taking up room on the buffet line to make it look like there's lots of variety there. On the day they serve roasted turkey, get there early if you want a turkey leg! There's only 2 of them available!:rolleyes:

I already know what to expect for breakfast and lunch, SAUSAGES cooked 5 different ways! The first part of the buffet includes 3-4 salads that one has never heard of. One of them was - you guessed it a sausage and pasta salad! They also come up with exotic names for these salads - none of which are appealing to me. Always 2-3 cauliflower dishes mostly steamed (which I like), but they are just taking up room on the buffet line to make it look like there's lots of variety there. On the day they serve roasted turkey, get there early if you want a turkey leg! There's only 2 of them available!:rolleyes:

Very funny!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Especially when they're standing there staring at mashed potatoes like they've never seen them before.

What is that? Why do they do that? And, why is it so important to watch what I'm putting on my plate? Why?

On one cruise a woman followed me from station to station observing, with great intent, on what I was placing on my plate [she had no plate in her hands], what was she doing?

Wait, I know, she's the "calorie fairy"......darn, I should have known!!! :eek: :cool:

What is that? Why do they do that? And, why is it so important to watch what I'm putting on my plate? Why?

On one cruise a woman followed me from station to station observing, with great intent, on what I was placing on my plate [she had no plate in her hands], what was she doing?

Wait, I know, she's the "calorie fairy"......darn, I should have known!!! :eek: :cool:

Well, at least she wasn't reaching in front of you to grab a spoonful of gravy spilling it on your plate! Yep, it did happen to me. I told them to go to the back of the line and wait their turn like the others are doing. I hate that!:eek: