Gratuities with Ultimate Drink Package

GarnetFan8

I'm guessing this has already been covered looking at the numerous posts regarding the Ultimate Drink Package, but I can't seem to find it.

With that package, how are the gratuities handled? Are they simply covered in the cost of the package or do I have to tip on top of it (i.e.added to my room bill)?

Also, with the new package shown on the RCCL website, it appears that premium cocktails up to $12 are now included as opposed to $10. Can anyone confirm that as well?

Thanks in advance.

I'm guessing this has already been covered looking at the numerous posts regarding the Ultimate Drink Package, but I can't seem to find it.

With that package, how are the gratuities handled? Are they simply covered in the cost of the package or do I have to tip on top of it (i.e.added to my room bill)?

Also, with the new package shown on the RCCL website, it appears that premium cocktails up to $12 are now included as opposed to $10. Can anyone confirm that as well?

Thanks in advance.

I've not seen the increase of premium cocktails to $12. Is this on the US website, or some other? I know that some drink menus on ships sailing out of Europe have the 15% tip included in the menu price, so they change the package cocktail limit from $10 to $12 to cover the higher menu prices.

I've not seen the increase of premium cocktails to $12. Is this on the US website, or some other? I know that some drink menus on ships sailing out of Europe have the 15% tip included in the menu price, so they change the package cocktail limit from $10 to $12 to cover the higher menu prices.

This is from the US site. I linked the .pdf below. So in other words, as long as I stay under the $10 (or $12) limit I won't have to worry about paying extra above the package price, correct?

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

This is from the US site. I linked the .pdf below. So in other words, as long as I stay under the $10 (or $12) limit I won't have to worry about paying extra above the package price, correct?

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Thanks for this, I had not seen the $12 limit on the US website.

Yes, if you order a beverage for $12 or under, you pay nothing extra. If you order something that costs over $12, you only pay the difference.

If you go to add a package to your cart through Cruise Planner, and you select the Ultimate package, it is 55$ per day + an additional 15%(shows up as a service charge, its actually gratuity), so you are actually paying $63.25 per day with gratuity. Multiply that X the amount of NIGHTS, not days and you will get your total for your cruise!

I chose to go with the Premium Package because I do not need sparkling water, fresh squeezed OJ or specialty coffee. :rolleyes:

You get regular juice from concentrate with the Premium Package and bottled still water, and regular coffee/tea.

The additional $6 base rate per day for fresh squeezed and special coffee wasn't worth it to me. The alcohol in the Ultimate package is the same EXACT stuff in the Premium. :D

All packages include the fountain soda cup with use of freestyle machines and fountain soda from the bars, along with the discount on bottles of wines.

My premium package is $49 per day x the 4 nights +15% gratuity = $225.40

Hope this helps!

Garnetfan ~ It appears purchase of the Ultimate Package for your sailing will also get you some extra perk's, including $17 a glass bottomless Moët & Chandon. There's a thread at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2123866 about Royal's special:

"Celebrate the holiday season with some bubbles. As an added-value to our guests, the Ultimate Beverage Package will now include a complimentary limited edition Domaine Chandon Blanc de Noirs holiday bottle (one per stateroom) and bottomless Moet & Chandon champagne by the glass. Time Frame: November 2014 - January 2015 Available on: LG, GR, VI, EX, AD, NV, BR, JW, FR, LB, ID, OA, AL, QN"

So if you enjoy nice champagne, the $6 up charge for the Ultimate package over the Premium package is definitely worth it!

~ Judy

Garnetfan ~ It appears purchase of the Ultimate Package for your sailing will also get you some extra perk's, including $17 a glass bottomless Moët & Chandon. There's a thread at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2123866 about Royal's special:

"Celebrate the holiday season with some bubbles. As an added-value to our guests, the Ultimate Beverage Package will now include a complimentary limited edition Domaine Chandon Blanc de Noirs holiday bottle (one per stateroom) and bottomless Moet & Chandon champagne by the glass. Time Frame: November 2014 - January 2015 Available on: LG, GR, VI, EX, AD, NV, BR, JW, FR, LB, ID, OA, AL, QN"

So if you enjoy nice champagne, the $6 up charge for the Ultimate package over the Premium package is definitely worth it!

~ Judy

Yep, was thinking the exact same thing once I saw that. Plus, I'll know what I'm paying up front and figure that I'm going to come close if not exceed the value anyway (knowing myself). So this way, I don't have to keep track of how many drinks I'm having and if I'm saving the money, etc....