Quantum shows bad San Juan itineraries

Just checked the itineraries for Quantum in December and January and was shocked to see how bad these itineraries are: December 1 departure from New Jersey and after 2 sea days arriving at 4 PM in San Juan. What are you going to do after 4 PM in San Juan? The only thing you can do is go shopping until 6 PM. Same for January 11 and January 23 and the only time they stay overnight in San Juan is on 3 Kings day, which is a national holiday and everything is closed. Wow.:mad:

It is usual RCI itin from NJ.

By the way SJ is beautiful at night. Very lively, music, bars.

You still can go to one of the fortress for an hour.

I think stores will be open for some time.

I like this itin.

Edited by Tatka

We're getting into San Juan at 4pm on Independence next summer. I actually prefer the 4-11pm over 7am-2pm. The plan is maybe make it to El Morro if we have time then do a little shopping and grab a bite to eat.

Edited by dcgrumpy

Guest maddycat

That's one of my major complaints. RCI has poor port schedules for San Juan on all of our cruises from Cape Liberty cruise port in NJ. I really love SJ. Our last stop in SJ on the Explorer was 7am - 2pm. What can anyone do in SJ at 7am? Our next stop in SJ on the Quantum in April will be 3pm - 10pm. I'd love to have a regular day.......9am - 5 pm.

That's one of my major complaints. RCI has poor port schedules for San Juan on all of our cruises from Cape Liberty cruise port in NJ. I really love SJ. Our last stop in SJ on the Explorer was 7am - 2pm. What can anyone do in SJ at 7am? Our next stop in SJ on the Quantum in April will be 3pm - 10pm. I'd love to have a regular day.......9am - 5 pm.

I like the 3pm - 10pm option....hate having to rush off the ship first thing in the morning. There is plenty to do and see in that timeframe. Love the restaurants in Old San Juan :-).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What to do in SJ in the morning? Or even till five?

SJ is lacking nice close situated beaches. Rain forrest is nice, but how many times can one go there? It is hot during the day.

I love to walk nicely lighted streets of old SJ. And sail away is beautiful too.

the only time they stay overnight in San Juan is on 3 Kings day, which is a national holiday and everything is closed. Wow.:mad:

I'm on that Jan 3 cruise. We get to SJ on 3 kings day, but the next day we are there until 3 pm, so presumably that second day is when we'll do most of our sightseeing. We don't arrive on 3 kings day until 4 pm, anyway, so even if it wasn't a holiday, we might not have much time to do anything that evening except maybe go to dinner.

Royal does have afternoon/evening shore excursions listed for 3 kings day, so at least some tourist operations will be up and running.

I also saw online that there are street festivals and the like on 3 kings day; however, i don't know how late they run, and if they are more on the evening before than the day of. being from puerto rico, you might be able to tell us. that's definitely something i'd be interested in seeing.

i do wish royal could normalize their PR visits. we were there once before (coming from florida, not nj), and were only in port from 7 a.m - 2 pm. i slept in that morning and therefore didn't even have a chance to get off the ship, and was pretty bummed about the timing.

I actually had the March 21 booked which was an 8 night. 1 stop at San Juan and another at labadee with an over night. Ya no thanks.

I agree, that is a pretty bad itinerary, but if I can get a good solo deal on one of those sailings I'm going to grab it. Only because I want to spend time on this magnificent ship, not for the ports.

... What are you going to do after 4 PM in San Juan? The only thing you can do is go shopping until 6 PM...

We are on an April 2015 12 day sailing with a stop in San Juan from 3pm to 10pm. We were actually very excited about the time in port. We have always had the 7am-2pm stay which is too little time to do anything. This gives us time to do all the shopping we want, then enjoy some of San Juan's great restaurants and clubs, which we are looking forward to. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for.