NCL Dawn - do all suites get the suite perks and concierge?

dnl_in_Illinois

I have done some reading that implied that on the NCL DAWN the Family Suites or SC level do not get the priority boarding, use of the concierge, butler, special seating at some f the shoes, et. al.

Can anyone inform me as to just what the Family Suite perks are (SC)? Sure will appreciate it.

I have done some reading that implied that on the NCL DAWN the Family Suites or SC level do not get the priority boarding, use of the concierge, butler, special seating at some f the shoes, et. al.

Can anyone inform me as to just what the Family Suite perks are (SC)? Sure will appreciate it.

Please provide a link to where you read that.

All real suites get the suite perks.

Mini suites do not.

Mini suites do not.

That is correct. We were on the Dawn in a family suite and got full perks. Only "suite" that doesn't on all the NCL ships is the mini-suite.

The only specific perk you mention that may not be available to ALL full level suites (S or H category) would be the reserved seating for shows. On some ships, all suites have access to this, on some just Haven Suites, and on some only the highest level suites. This varies from ship to ship, concierge to concierge and even sailing to sailing, depending on suites passenger load. Otherwise, priority boarding, concierge, butler, etc are included in all full suites.

Robin

Mini suites do not.

I'd have to dig for it but it did date back to 2013. It was something like Garden Villas, Penthouse and Owner's Suites qualify. I have sailed the Epic twice and the Breakaway in Family Suites and always had the full perquisites. When I saw something that seemed to contradict that on the Dawn I raised the question.

Appreciate all the answers and comments.

Can anyone inform me WHERE the concierge is located on the Dawn?

Typically, the concierge, or the assistant concierge, when not on the go, will be located in the concierge lounge each morning. In the past they have set up in the Star Bar across from Cagney's. Occasionally, if it is not too busy, they may even set up each morning in Cagney's. When you arrive to your suite, you will have a card with the concierge phone number with which you can reach the concierge at any time regardless.

Appreciate all the answers and comments.

Can anyone inform me WHERE the concierge is located on the Dawn?

When we were on the Dawn in Apr 2013, the actual concierge 'working' office was on deck 12, just inside the port forward sliding doors to the pool area. This office was full of filing cabinets, desktop computer, papers stuck to the wall, etc etc. Usually if she was in there doing paperwork or whatever, she'd still prop the door open so anybody could just poke their head in and talk to her.

She also had a desk just inside the entrance to the Star Bar (deck 13, opposite of Cagneys). This was more of a group meeting type area where she'd have pamphlets and other information available to suite/VIP passengers. She was always there during Cagneys breakfast/lunch. During the day you'd most often find her here or in the general vicinity.

Her name was...Valerie? Victoria? Virginia? Started with a V, I remember that much. BEST...CONCIERGE...EVER. I've never had a concierge who was so accessible and personable. I'd take her over Adrian (Epic) or Patrick (Star) any day. I never even seen Patrick on our Star cruise and Adrian seemed very aloof about most anything asked of him.

Edited by rajones007
post is not preview.

My understanding is that all suites (S or H categories, but NOT the "mini-suites", which are really deluxe/slightly larger balcony cabins) get the basics as described.

One difference, however, is that the OS/DOS/GV suites get some free bottles of liquor (depending upon which of those categories one is in) and also get unlimited refilling of waters and soft drinks at no additional cost.

On the Dawn recently, the OS/DOS/GV passengers were allowed in that "front" row of the balcony for shows, I think other suite passengers could use the rest of that balcony, but not sure.

We made use of the included refills of sparkling water, but because we prefer Diet Coke, we couldn't even purchase that on board, but had to bring our own :(

GeezerCouple

She also had a desk just inside the entrance to the Star Bar (deck 13, opposite of Cagneys). This was more of a group meeting type area where she'd have pamphlets and other information available to suite/VIP passengers. She was always there during Cagneys breakfast/lunch. During the day you'd most often find her here or in the general vicinity.

Her name was...Valerie? Victoria? Virginia? Started with a V, I remember that much. BEST...CONCIERGE...EVER. I've never had a concierge who was so accessible and personable. I'd take her over Adrian (Epic) or Patrick (Star) any day. I never even seen Patrick on our Star cruise and Adrian seemed very aloof about most anything asked of him.

It's funny how different people react with different Concierges. You mean Virginia. We barely interacted with her, until mid-way through the cruise. Adrian on the other hand, I liked enough to become Facebook friends with.

On the Star recently, Omar was the concierge and he was excellent too. He allowed any suite to use the reserved area in the theatre.

It's funny how different people react with different Concierges. You mean Virginia. We barely interacted with her, until mid-way through the cruise. Adrian on the other hand, I liked enough to become Facebook friends with.

On the Star recently, Omar was the concierge and he was excellent too. He allowed any suite to use the reserved area in the theatre.

For us, Adrian was excellent on our 2 sailings on the Epic.

My understanding is that all suites (S or H categories, but NOT the "mini-suites", which are really deluxe/slightly larger balcony cabins) get the basics as described.

One difference, however, is that the OS/DOS/GV suites get some free bottles of liquor (depending upon which of those categories one is in) and also get unlimited refilling of waters and soft drinks at no additional cost.

On the Dawn recently, the OS/DOS/GV passengers were allowed in that "front" row of the balcony for shows, I think other suite passengers could use the rest of that balcony, but not sure.

We made use of the included refills of sparkling water, but because we prefer Diet Coke, we couldn't even purchase that on board, but had to bring our own :(

GeezerCouple

That is how it was on the Dawn when we had Virginia but on Star it was only for OS/DOS/GV. On the Dawn the aisle leading to those seats was reserved for all suite guests. Concierges handle it differently.

Edited by dexddd

I was on the dawn in feb 2014 and all suites got to use the balcony area for the shows. The area was never full but they do open the area up once the show starts if their is not enough seats below for other guests.the concierge office was set up in the star bar in the mornings and took care of any of your needs. I was in an sj room and received all the amenities other than alcohol that the higher suites get. The butler I had was Jennifer and she made my children feel right at home,but Patrick the concierge could never be found. Waldo's pepper has the complete list of suite amenities maybe he will chime in.

Even on the Dawn it can vary when it comes to access to the special seating area.

On our 14 day Canada/New England cruise we stayed in an SJ and were ushered into the suite seating.

On a 7 day Bermuda cruise they had a sign up saying "Garden Villa/DOS only"

Mid-cruise my mom asked them about the change in policy and they just waived her in. So if you are in a lower level suite and see the sign and there are obviously seats available, ask and ye may receive.

I don't particularly care because they're pretty bad seats, but they are handy if you want to be able to duck out of something you're not sure you'll care for.

Edited by DaisyGoldberg

Well that is funny...

We seen Virginia practically everywhere during our 3rd NCL cruise. We seen her enough to be useful but not enough to be annoying. She made us realize how useful the concierge could really be.

Our 1st cruise was Patrick on the Star. Like I said; we never seen him once. I wouldn't know him if I fell over him. I can't honestly say anything bad about him only because I can't say anything about him at all!

2nd cruise was Adrian on the Epic. This was when we were just starting to realize what a concierge could do for us and make our cruise even better. Now in Adrian's defense there were some very needy people in the Haven that week. There always seemed to be the same people clamoring around his lounge and the moment Adrian appeared they were on him like blackflies. I have no idea why those people needed him so much and what it was they needed doing. No idea at all.

We're low-maintenance meat & potatoes kind of people, so perhaps Adrian seen that and left us to our own devices.

Disembarkation morning was a whole different Adrian. I never seen anybody so glad to see me in all my life! He personally walked me and my family into their service elevator and took us down to the gangway and literally walked us off the ship and directly to US customs. Hmmmmm, I wonder why the sudden change? :)

Well that is funny...

We seen Virginia practically everywhere during our 3rd NCL cruise. We seen her enough to be useful but not enough to be annoying. She made us realize how useful the concierge could really be.

Our 1st cruise was Patrick on the Star. Like I said; we never seen him once. I wouldn't know him if I fell over him. I can't honestly say anything bad about him only because I can't say anything about him at all!

2nd cruise was Adrian on the Epic. This was when we were just starting to realize what a concierge could do for us and make our cruise even better. Now in Adrian's defense there were some very needy people in the Haven that week. There always seemed to be the same people clamoring around his lounge and the moment Adrian appeared they were on him like blackflies. I have no idea why those people needed him so much and what it was they needed doing. No idea at all.

We're low-maintenance meat & potatoes kind of people, so perhaps Adrian seen that and left us to our own devices.

Disembarkation morning was a whole different Adrian. I never seen anybody so glad to see me in all my life! He personally walked me and my family into their service elevator and took us down to the gangway and literally walked us off the ship and directly to US customs. Hmmmmm, I wonder why the sudden change? :)

More than likely it was because you were in a suite and he wanted you to receive the perks you were entitled to! Also, the quicker they can get you off the ship, the faster they can turn it around for the next cruise.

Well that is funny...

Or maybe he thought you had an 'envelope' for him:D