Early Saver Question!

all4hockey54r

Hello! I am booked on early saver for our April cruise on the Dream. I noticed today that the Past Guest Sale and the Let the Sun Shine in sale are both around $50 cheaper than our Early Saver price. If we request a price drop and go with one of these sales that means that if the price drops again we cannot ask for a price drop because we wouldn't be early saver. Is this correct? Just need some clarification, any help is appreciated!

Hello! I am booked on early saver for our April cruise on the Dream. I noticed today that the Past Guest Sale and the Let the Sun Shine in sale are both around $50 cheaper than our Early Saver price. If we request a price drop and go with one of these sales that means that if the price drops again we cannot ask for a price drop because we wouldn't be early saver. Is this correct? Just need some clarification, any help is appreciated!

No. That is not correct. Once EARLY SAVER ...ALWAYS EARLY SAVER. You can get as many price drops that you are eligible for.

Once you fill out the form on line to request the difference in fare due to a price drop (we asked for on board credit) does anyone know how long it takes for Carnival to get back to you to if the request was allowed or not and if not, why?

Thanks for your help!

Mike

Once you fill out the form on line to request the difference in fare due to a price drop (we asked for on board credit) does anyone know how long it takes for Carnival to get back to you to if the request was allowed or not and if not, why?

Thanks for your help!

Mike

I always hear via email within hours...but it is stated, I believe 48 hours. If you do not hear from them after a day or two, just call the 800 number. Tell them you submitted the form and they are more than happy to help you.

Thanks for your help!

Mike

I always contact my PVP when I see a price drop and send a screenshot and he fills out the form for me or the group. The last one was denied the same day, but I believe they say 2 days or 48 hours to get back to you. But that system denies for all the wrong reasons seems like it, so my PVP had to get a manager to approve and viola we got it (twice)! So, if you are denied and do believe everything is right, definitely call them ASAP and make sure you have a screenshot for proof if more than a day has gone by.

But switched to resident rate and TA told me that I was no longer ES and no longer eligible for price drops. Does that sound correct?

Was Carnival going to choose your room? Or looks like Resident offers are for new bookings only and maybe that have something to do with it?

But switched to resident rate and TA told me that I was no longer ES and no longer eligible for price drops. Does that sound correct?

The Resident rate is for a guarantee so I think once you switched from an assigned cabin under Early Saver to a guarantee under Resident Rate you wouldn't be eligible for further price drops.

Someone more knowledgeable may be able to confirm/deny.

Where do you find the form to submit a claim. Just saw a price drop of $30 per person on our 3/22/15 cruise. Don't know if we are early saver, we booked online through Carnival and have already got an inside cabin number.

Thanks,

Tony

However it is very specific - that rate must be for a cabin of the same category, deck doesn't matter, price also must be for the same amount of cruisers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You definitely want to find out if you booked Early Saver, because that form is very fickle and rejects a lot of legitimate claims. I always go through my PVP, but I absolutely know I booked Early Saver and your PVP or TA should be able to tell you. I have to figure out where it is on your paperwork again and pass that along to you.

Also make sure you take a screenshot of your what you're looking at for the new booking price to compare just in case it takes them more than a day to get back to you.