Disembarking - what if you're NOT in a hurry?

KCMiller

We're sailing over New Years, and when we dock, we'll be in no hurry to disembark, as we live less than 20 minutes from the port. We'll be on the Quantum - is there a way to linger, instead of rushing?

thanks,

KC

You can probably stay onboard until 9:30am or so. No venues will be open, and you should leave your stateroom as early as possible.

After having breakfast, clear out of your room so the stewards can start cleaning it for the next guest. Then find a location that is open where you can sit and enjoy people watching.

Many locations will be closed, because they are being cleaned for the embarking pax.

Probably not. Although the staff will make you feel very welcome & special during your cruise, on disembarkation day, it's more like Don't let the door hit you on the way out.............

There is a lot to get done for the next cruise & working around lingering passengers is not conducive to them getting their job done.

You can probably stay onboard until 9:30am or so. No venues will be open, and you should leave your stateroom as early as possible.

Thanks, and we will - I just am hoping to not join the long lines of folks who are rushing to catch a plane. We'll get out of our stateroom quickly, and go get a final breakfast - I absolutely don't want to be in the way of the staff getting the ship ready for the incoming vacationers!

KC

Thanks, and we will - I just am hoping to not join the long lines of folks who are rushing to catch a plane. We'll get out of our stateroom quickly, and go get a final breakfast - I absolutely don't want to be in the way of the staff getting the ship ready for the incoming vacationers!

KC

Pay attention to the breakfast times. They usually close much earlier on disembarkation day.

We have cruised from Bayonne too, and drive home. You don't HAVE to be a part of the cattle call if you don't want or need to be. Your idea sounds fine, have a breakfast and sit comfortably somewhere until you are ready to go. You'll probably be off the ship before 10AM and not have a crowd to contend with.

We have been one of the last of Explorer in Bayonne a couple times, twice because we were driving home and in no hurry and more recently because we had arranged last off disembark for my special needs children to avoid the crowds. It's kind of a long, boring wait. Most people are crowded into large areas like the theatre or Studio B with nothing to do but wait. Most smaller venues are closed with the doors locked or blocked so you can't sit in Cafe Promenade or the Windjammer. Because Bayonne is cold in January, you probably won't want to be on deck. We waited in a lounge with the B2B cruisers but it was arranged ahead of time. We've been one of the last off anywhere from 10 am to 11 am.

It's easy to put in the time until about 9 or 9:30 but after that it is dull.

I have to admit, that is the least fav part of my vacation..not just cause its over, but the long waits, lines, boring, crowded into areas.

I have resorted to doing the self check-out the past few times, but I find that rushed from the sense you have to be up very early if you want to eat some breakfast and get out of your room and off the boat during the early self check out times.

I understand why they want you off early, cause I am one of those people who wants to be the first one on in the morning that my cruise leaves but......

KC

We also just have a car ride home. We also are fairly early risers in the morning, even at home. So we don't worry about getting up 'super early' -- but go to breakfast 7:30am, then pick up our luggage back at our cabin and self disembark from the ship. Generally in our car by 9am, without feeling rushed and like cattle with people who have to catch an early plane.

There are usually some people who get off much earlier than we do, who are locals and are going 'straight to work' when we take the weekend Majesty cruise. That generally is a hilarious sight.

We're sailing over New Years, and when we dock, we'll be in no hurry to disembark, as we live less than 20 minutes from the port. We'll be on the Quantum - is there a way to linger, instead of rushing?

thanks,

KC

Being that your profile says Columbus, Ohio, I need to know how far up the Scioto River the Quantum will come?;)

We also just have a car ride home. We also are fairly early risers in the morning, even at home. So we don't worry about getting up 'super early' -- but go to breakfast 7:30am, then pick up our luggage back at our cabin and self disembark from the ship. Generally in our car by 9am, without feeling rushed and like cattle with people who have to catch an early plane.

There are usually some people who get off much earlier than we do, who are locals and are going 'straight to work' when we take the weekend Majesty cruise. That generally is a hilarious sight.

Really?! Nuthin like looking down your nose and laughing at folks that have responsibilities the day the ship gets in and may have to return quickly for kids, job, pets,or whatever. Congrats on your economic superiority:confused:

There is no way I will end my vacation in a rush. I go for breakfast 39 minutes before closing time and then we head to the upper lever on the ship and enjoy the view or maybe by the pool looking to the ocean. I always ask for late luggage tags numbers and we are literally leaving the ship when they announce that this is the last call.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Really?! Nuthin like looking down your nose and laughing at folks that have responsibilities the day the ship gets in and may have to return quickly for kids, job, pets,or whatever. Congrats on your economic superiority:confused:

I don't know why you think I am looking down my nose and laughing at folks that have responsibilities the day the ship gets in. People get upset when they did not leave enough time to disembark from the ship to get on their way to whatever they have to do, and then it is everyone else's fault.

I am far from economically superior....but if I have to work that day, my boss knows I may not be in at 9am.....people need to plan accordingly. When they don't, some of the things they do, can be funny to watch.

I try my best to be considerate of those who must be off the ship before me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeslimin View Post

Really?! Nuthin like looking down your nose and laughing at folks that have responsibilities the day the ship gets in and may have to return quickly for kids, job, pets,or whatever. Congrats on your economic superiority

I don't know why you think I am looking down my nose and laughing at folks that have responsibilities the day the ship gets in. People get upset when they did not leave enough time to disembark from the ship to get on their way to whatever they have to do, and then it is everyone else's fault.

I am far from economically superior....but if I have to work that day, my boss knows I may not be in at 9am.....people need to plan accordingly. When they don't, some of the things they do, can be funny to watch.

I try my best to be considerate of those who must be off the ship before me.

I thought what you were talking about was being amused by the people who went on a weekend cruise and partied too much. Sort of Bayonne's own Running Of The Drunks. :)